Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove
Ocean View Guest House(Bel Ombre)(Great Value!)
US$ 125
US$ 197
Sun Resort(Mahe Island)
US$ 200
  • Pool
Savoy Resort & Spa(Beau Vallon)
US$ 419
US$ 307
US$ 674
US$ 600
US$ 309
US$ 243
Agoda.com
Clef des Iles(Mahe Island)
TripAdvisor
Romance Bungalows(Beau Vallon)
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
1,086 results
All reviewsother hotelsopen plansunset barour honeymoonupgraded to a suiteinfinity poolwalk along the beachmain restaurantfacing the seaspg platinumocean frontlong beachla diguethe hotel managerother islandsindian oceanhired a car
Reviewed 28 May 2012

The hotel was nice, and clean. Service is amazing and the staff are very welcoming and clear about everything and they pay attention to all details. The Rooms were always clean and they upgraded us to an amazing suite which i reccomend everyone to have. its by the beach and a minute away from the pool.

The breakfast buffet was amazing. i would reccomend them to work on more options for the dinner buffet as in more choices and more food knowledge.

The pool and the beach were clean and the pool staff are always around for extra towels and water bottles.

I would definetly reccomend to come back

Thanks

Room Tip: Go for the suites - and its always good to pass by the nearest supermarket to the hotel - 10 minutes walk and get some snacks and drinks.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank H-nation
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Dear hassanation,

Thank You for taking time off in writing this review. We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at Le Meridien Ile Maurice. It was nice to hear that you enjoyed our suites and our associates exceeded your expectations, and discovered our cuisine.

Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove

Reviewed 17 April 2012

I used Starwood points to stay at Le Meridien FC --otherwise I wouldn't have been able to afford a full week there. Though my original room was fairly standard, and probably would have been a bit pricey for what it is, the service is what really sets this hotel apart. From the moment we arrived, the staff were friendly, helpful, efficient, courteous and always smiling!

Room: My first room had, as I believe they all do, a great view. The room was fairly basic. Double bed, tub/shower, bathroom. Fairly small, but since you're not going to be spending a lot of time in the room, does it matter too much?? Once the hotel emptied a bit I was upgraded to a suite. It was much larger with a seating area and a larger more private bath. I think the best rooms are those down by the spa or overlooking the pool but I'm not sure which they are.

To do: Snorkeling gear and beach towels are available at no charge and you can go explore other beaches on the island if the hotel's beach doesn't suit--though I did snorkel right off of the hotel and saw some great fish! They have representatives at the hotel that can help you with hiring a car for the day (45 Euro and well worth it at least once!) and Creole travel can help you with excursions. The staff did also help set up excursions through Mason's which is a little cheaper. The pool is great as well if you want to just relax and not move too far. The views are stunning.

Food: There are two main restaurants --one has a buffet and one is a la carte. The a la carte restaurant has fantastic food, not too expensive (given local prices), and fantastic service. The buffet was less than impressive for me (a vegetarian) for dinner. But the breakfast provided by the hotel is excellent and has everything you could possibly want. I'm a vegetarian and don't eat fish so going to an island is always a bit dodgy and I generally have low expectations, but this is where Le Meridien really needs to step up their game. For lunch pool side, for example, the vegetarian sandwich was littler bread with picked veg. Would offering a caprese have killed them? Also, if you're importing everything anyway, add some beans. Vegetarians need protein too--not just vegetables and pasta. I did talk to the new manager and he acknowledged they're a bit weak on that and need to step up. But the number of fish dishes they offered was huge and my friend enjoyed her dinners as well.

Overall, this was a fantastic place to use as a base for my trip. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends.

Room Tip: See above review
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank JaneGoesTraveling
Jugal K, The Management at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2012

Dear JaneinKenya,

Thank You for taking time off in writing this review. We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at Le Meridien Fishermans Cove. It was nice to hear that the a la carte restaurant, service and the room at the hotel exceeded your expectations.
We will certainly share these comments with our staff as they work exceptionally hard to make every guest feel special. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future.

The Management

Reviewed 16 April 2012

Very nice property, right on the beach of Mahé island, the main island.
Great and helpful staff. always smiling. gives a very nice, positive atmosphere of the place.
Delicious food.
Great rooms - especially the executive rooms.
Will definitely go back again!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nestinarka
Jugal K, Management at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2012

Dear Nestinarka,

Thank You for taking time off in writing this review. We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at Le Meridien Fishermans Cove. It was nice to hear that the staff and the overall hotel facilities exceeded your expectations.

The Management

Reviewed 2 April 2012

Spent five night at this propert as part of an incentive that my partner was invited to an we were wowed by the truly welcoming people that work as a family in this well positioned hotel. Our room, located close to the spa had great views overlooking the bay, housekeeping was always alert to ensure that when we returned from our activities all was in order. I had to as on the first day for a shaving kit (spa) and on the second day it was placed without asking on our terrace seating table. The ladies serving breakfast, were welcoming, friendly and attentive and remembered our preferences of coffees and juices which were served without asking. The property has a lot of history and character, however the facilities ideally complimented the activities that we had scheduled across other islands, its proximity to Victoria and the airport made it very convenient for us. Seychelles is a truly unique destination and it's beauty was enhanced by the authentic hospitality of those that we met during this trip. Bernadette, Georgette, Mr.Ram, Hansel, Christine, Sophia, Meryium and Andy the pool boy are just a few of the names that I recall which made our stay truly memorable. Thank You for your hospitality and for taking such good care of us in your paradise.

Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank J_DEBOERDORREGO
Reviewed 27 March 2012

After some island hopping in Seychelles, I arrived at this hotel to spend the last four days of my trip to the islands. It was a big disappointment! Bad and really slow service, really bad food, and my room had the worst smell I've ever found in a hotel room. When i got to the room I was certain that I had stepped on some dog poo, but I didn't! With hotels all over the world I believe the Meridien Group forgot that they own this one. I really don't recommend.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank BrenoBR
Cushnahan, Manager at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Dear BrenoBR,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

We are very surprised and disappointed to learn that you had such a disappointing stay with us on this occasion. I regret not to have had the opportunity to have met with you during your stay to help resolve and investigate the issues raised, as our priority is always to ensure that each and every guest has the most relaxing and inspiring stay with us.

Please rest assured that such issues are not ongoing at our property and we are looking into all issues raised with the service and in your room, to ensure they remain that way.

With this said we apologize for the inconvenience encountered and do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Best regards,