“A nice stay, amazing rooms on the whole!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bel Ombre
Saint-Denis, Reunion Island
“A nice stay, amazing rooms on the whole!”
Reviewed 9 June 2012

The meridien was my last stop during my trip to Seychelles. The place in itself is really beautiful. The lobby is big and charming. My room was not ready when I arrived but I was offered a drink and one of the receptionist showed me around while the maid was finishing the cleaning. As I was rather hungry coming from La Digue, I decided to get some food from the bar. Nothing original just a burger and fries but it turned out to be delicious. Discovering my room was a pleasant surprise, big, awesome bed and bathroom, clean and pretty. One annoying thing, there was no shower curtain or door to keep water from flooding the place. I had dinner twice in the main restaurant and food was hard to fault. Very nice service too. Breakfast was flawless. Pool is great, like i've said in my other reviews from Seychelles, there is quite a bit of wind on the coast so the sea next to the hotel was pretty rough during my stay and swimming in the ocean wasn't the wisest choice. One little thing that went kinda wrong was that the hotel had some sort of private reception in the other restaurant next to my bungalow and boy, did they blare the music that night. I wasn't really tired and had earplugs but other guests would have gotten mad about this for sure.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
, Management at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
Dear beautifullydepressed,

Thank You for taking time off in writing this review. We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove. It was nice to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our room, discovered our cuisine and the front desk exceeded your expectations. They work exceptionally hard to make every guest feel special.

Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 28 May 2012

The hotel was nice, and clean. Service is amazing and the staff are very welcoming and clear about everything and they pay attention to all details. The Rooms were always clean and they upgraded us to an amazing suite which i reccomend everyone to have. its by the beach and a minute away from the pool.

The breakfast buffet was amazing. i would reccomend them to work on more options for the dinner buffet as in more choices and more food knowledge.

The pool and the beach were clean and the pool staff are always around for extra towels and water bottles.

I would definetly reccomend to come back

Thanks

Room Tip: Go for the suites - and its always good to pass by the nearest supermarket to the hotel - 10 minutes...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank hassanation
Dear hassanation,

Thank You for taking time off in writing this review. We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at Le Meridien Ile Maurice. It was nice to hear that you enjoyed our suites and our associates exceeded your expectations, and discovered our cuisine.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I used Starwood points to stay at Le Meridien FC --otherwise I wouldn't have been able to afford a full week there. Though my original room was fairly standard, and probably would have been a bit pricey for what it is, the service is what really sets this hotel apart. From the moment we arrived, the staff were friendly, helpful, efficient, courteous and always smiling!

Room: My first room had, as I believe they all do, a great view. The room was fairly basic. Double bed, tub/shower, bathroom. Fairly small, but since you're not going to be spending a lot of time in the room, does it matter too much?? Once the hotel emptied a bit I was upgraded to a suite. It was much larger with a seating area and a larger more private bath. I think the best rooms are those down by the spa or overlooking the pool but I'm not sure which they are.

To do: Snorkeling gear and beach towels are available at no charge and you can go explore other beaches on the island if the hotel's beach doesn't suit--though I did snorkel right off of the hotel and saw some great fish! They have representatives at the hotel that can help you with hiring a car for the day (45 Euro and well worth it at least once!) and Creole travel can help you with excursions. The staff did also help set up excursions through Mason's which is a little cheaper. The pool is great as well if you want to just relax and not move too far. The views are stunning.

Food: There are two main restaurants --one has a buffet and one is a la carte. The a la carte restaurant has fantastic food, not too expensive (given local prices), and fantastic service. The buffet was less than impressive for me (a vegetarian) for dinner. But the breakfast provided by the hotel is excellent and has everything you could possibly want. I'm a vegetarian and don't eat fish so going to an island is always a bit dodgy and I generally have low expectations, but this is where Le Meridien really needs to step up their game. For lunch pool side, for example, the vegetarian sandwich was littler bread with picked veg. Would offering a caprese have killed them? Also, if you're importing everything anyway, add some beans. Vegetarians need protein too--not just vegetables and pasta. I did talk to the new manager and he acknowledged they're a bit weak on that and need to step up. But the number of fish dishes they offered was huge and my friend enjoyed her dinners as well.

Overall, this was a fantastic place to use as a base for my trip. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends.

Room Tip: See above review
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank JaneGoesTraveling
Jugal K, The Management at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove, responded to this review, 17 May 2012
Dear JaneinKenya,

Thank You for taking time off in writing this review. We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at Le Meridien Fishermans Cove. It was nice to hear that the a la carte restaurant, service and the room at the hotel exceeded your expectations.
We will certainly share these comments with our staff as they work exceptionally hard to make every guest feel special. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future.

The Management
Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Very nice property, right on the beach of Mahé island, the main island.
Great and helpful staff. always smiling. gives a very nice, positive atmosphere of the place.
Delicious food.
Great rooms - especially the executive rooms.
Will definitely go back again!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nestinarka
Jugal K, Management at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove, responded to this review, 17 May 2012
Dear Nestinarka,

Thank You for taking time off in writing this review. We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at Le Meridien Fishermans Cove. It was nice to hear that the staff and the overall hotel facilities exceeded your expectations.

The Management
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 2 April 2012 via mobile

Spent five night at this propert as part of an incentive that my partner was invited to an we were wowed by the truly welcoming people that work as a family in this well positioned hotel. Our room, located close to the spa had great views overlooking the bay, housekeeping was always alert to ensure that when we returned from our activities all was in order. I had to as on the first day for a shaving kit (spa) and on the second day it was placed without asking on our terrace seating table. The ladies serving breakfast, were welcoming, friendly and attentive and remembered our preferences of coffees and juices which were served without asking. The property has a lot of history and character, however the facilities ideally complimented the activities that we had scheduled across other islands, its proximity to Victoria and the airport made it very convenient for us. Seychelles is a truly unique destination and it's beauty was enhanced by the authentic hospitality of those that we met during this trip. Bernadette, Georgette, Mr.Ram, Hansel, Christine, Sophia, Meryium and Andy the pool boy are just a few of the names that I recall which made our stay truly memorable. Thank You for your hospitality and for taking such good care of us in your paradise.

Stayed March 2012
#6 of 35 in Mahe Island
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,340 reviews
0.3 km away
The H Resort Beau Vallon Beach

Been to Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK