We did a lot of research before we settled on this hotel and we were not disappointed with our choice!
The flight is ok, a little cramped, but at least Thomson have now started providing a complentary light meal. No in flight entertainment though.
Boa Vista is barran, there is nothing there, so the focus of your holiday is the hotel. What things there are to see are best done through the Thomson excursions as majority of "attractions" are reached by dirt tracks, not sign posted, so it relies on local knowledge to get you there. We did the 4x4 highlights excursion, it's half a day and worth going on to see the island. We also went in a snorkelling trip through the hotel scuba centre, €15 for 2hrs and well worth the trip put to see the coral reef and fish.
The hotel itself is huge and very clean. Our room was a good size as we had a suite. Never really had trouble getting beds by the pool, beach could get busy sometimes. The beach runs a flag system but most days were green days with the odd amber day, so no issues with going in the sea. If you want to get in big waves, take a trip to Santa Monica beach, some of them were huge, but be warned, there's no lifeguard at that beach.
The food was pretty good. Only had one poor night. Get into the Buda restuarant, tends to book up quick, it's very nice Asian food. Plenty of drinks choice and the measures are very generous.
The only down point for us was the evening entertainment. Like most people have said they try really hard, it just wasn't to our taste.
Overall we had a great time, would recommend this hotel to anyone. The weather was gorgeous all week and sometimes unbarably hot. Just don't go expecting there to be loads to see and do as there is nothing there. It's a holiday to sit around, relax, and do nothing in lovely surroundings.
We'd give it 4.5 out of 5!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the island Boavista in the Cape Verde Islands. 2-Storey main building and 3-storey annexes. Situated on the beachfront. Complimentary sun loungers and parasols on the beach. 7 Km to Sal Rei. 1,5 Km from the airport. Credit cards accepted: Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Clubhotel Riu Karamboa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Karamboa Hotel Boa Vista
- Clubhotel Riu Karamboa Boa Vista