Open today: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Fantastic day on the Hudson River!

Reviewed 8 October 2018
dianne2017
Smethport, Pennsylvania
Great first rafting experience

Reviewed 22 August 2018
Abby G

All reviews wet suits look forward great guide white water rafting experience upper hudson nate safety lunch rapids companies blast indian wetsuits waves
Reviewed 8 October 2018

Glad we chose North Creek Rafting for our day trip down the Hudson. Mike was awesome in keeping us girls in the raft and out of the water. He was very knowledgeable about gear, safety issues, and the Hudson River. It was Jean’s first rafting trip and I can’t tell you how many times in our 7 hour trip back to PA, she said, “yesterday was awesome!” A huge shout out to Becky and Nate for a wonderfully run company...you can tell it’s love for what they do, not a job. Spectacular photographs of our trip taken by Melody Thomas Photography..lots of action photos. Cafe Sarah provided a delicious lunch for us half way down the river, the sandwiches were tasty and the chocolate chip cookies delicious. We rafted on a tad chilly October day and Becky had hot chocolate made up for us. Will definitely book another trip if we’re in the area.

Reviewed 22 August 2018

We had a great time with North Creek Rafting company. We did the 17 mile Hudson River day trip - and it really was a full day trip! The owner is a bit gruff on the phone and at the front desk, but the guides are SO friendly, fun, and skilled. When we arrived, we realized we had forgotten our water shoes (you cannot wear flip-flops or go barefoot) but luckily we were able to rent a pair of wetsuit booties each for no additional cost, along with a long sleeve wetsuit top, helmet, and life preserver. All of the equipment was in excellent condition and fit well. We were given a comprehensive safety and information demo by Ted - a guide who ended up being our raft guide as well (as a group of 6 we had the raft to ourselves). The rapids themselves were a blast, but we never felt unsafe, even with young children. The landscape was gorgeous: no sign of civilization along the riverbank for 17 miles (except for a bridge and one mountain cabin). After a brief lunch stop for fruit, beverages, and locally sourced sandwiches and chocolate chip cookies we set off again. We had the opportunity to swim or float down river on several different occasions, and to jump off of a huge boulder in the river! After riding rapids most of the way back to the take-out point, we spent several lazy miles (maybe an hour's worth) floating on calm waters, soaking up the sun. Several of the members of our party napped on the raft, others chatted with Ted. While the going was a bit slow, Ted informed us that it was partly due to the low water level at that time of year. He personally recommended rafting in the spring due to the higher water levels, but we still had a great time, especially as first-timers. We didn't end up purchasing photos from the photographer, but it was a blast to look and laugh at them on the big screen when we returned. Also, for such a long, action-packed day, the pricing was great!

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

Went this week and had a wonderful day on the Hudson. Well organized. Great guide (Jake). A really good long trip on the river. Was a ton of fun. Water was good, not too rough and warm. Price is good too and we liked that we were provided wetsuits. Good safety. Very pleased. It was a good long day and a great experience.

Reviewed 22 July 2018

We recently chose North Creek Rafting Company to take our children on a their first white water rafting experience. I spoke to the owner Nate when I booked the trip & paid in full. The night before we were scheduled to go, the forecast was predicting a severe thunderstorm. I monitored the weather all evening & ultimately made the decision to call & leave message that we would need to reschedule due to safety concerns. I missed Nate's return call the next morning as I was in Lake Placid and had spotty cell service. When I did get a hold of him, he was very unprofessional and snotty to me. He said they run rain or shine & that they did not have any rain that day. I explained that I already paid in full & would like to just reschedule. He rudely and reluctantly told me that I could reschedule if I paid a $25 per person change fee & asked in a very nasty tone if I was really going to show. I told him that I would pay the fee & took the only available slot he had. He again spoke to me in a very nasty tone & asked if we were going to show. This was ridiculous. I had already paid for 4 people in full and now agreed to pay an additional $25 per person and he continued to talk to me in a very nasty way. Luckily, he was not our tour guide. Our guide was Jake who was not only professional and kind, he was skilled and provided us with a an fun trip.

Given our experience with Nate, I would not recommend North Creek Rafting Company to others. There are several other highly recommended companies to choose from. I understand their rain or shine policy, however, I made a decision for my family based on safety concerns and was willing to pay the change fee no questions asked. My issue is the way in which Nate spoke to me and handled the situation.

Lastly, the lunch provided was tasty, however, it was not nearly enough food or drink for a full day on the river.

1  Thank Magnificent_U2
Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

The people and experience were excellent.
It was an experience our family will not soon forget. We look forward to returning when my daughter gets bigger

2  Thank Chuck B
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Kudos to North Creek Rafting company for an outstanding whitewater rafting experience. Our guide, Mike, was knowledgable, professional, skilled, safe, and fun! The North Creek equipment is top quality, as was the experience! The weather and scenery were perfect, and the rapids were so much fun! Iwant to go again!

1  Thank 302joyced
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

The river was high the rapids were big!! North creek stepped up to the Challenge and did a great job. The guides were awesome and engaging. The parents and kids had a blast getting soaked on a sunny day on the Upper Hudson River. Lunch was simple the wet suits were a must since the water was cold. Nothing but fun and all the kudos go to the staff at North Creek. Thanks guys

Reviewed 12 August 2017

Though I have spent time in canoes and kayaks before, this was my first time on a white water rafting trip. We had our outfitting session in the morning and safety orientation lecture prior to boarding the bus that took us to the put-in on the Indian River. Mike, our raft guide, also did the safety orientation. I was a solo client and was in the raft with one other solo person and a family of four. We all did fine--Mike said his job was easy because we all followed directions well--though I think he had it in for me because I seemed to catch the brunt of the waves each time! (No worries, though, because like almost everyone else, I was wearing a wet suit.) Low-impact practices were followed on the river and at lunch, which was delicious--wraps from the local shop Cafe Sarah. All in all, it was a splendid day with great weather and an excellent guide who got us to "surf" in one rapid. Very highly recommended company and experience!

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

In traveling to Vermont we reached out to Dillon, who got back to us immediately at 10:00 pm and welcomed us into his amazing home!

Reviewed 26 April 2017

My friends and I went on an overnight rating trip with North Creek this past weekend. We booked our trip 6 months out, which made the logistics and scheduling much easier. Nate and his wife were very responsive and answered all of our questions, as we had a ton with an inexperience group.

Check in was busy, as it was the first overnight for their outfit and there were a number of day trips. The outfitter did a great job getting everyone dressed and prepared for the river.

After a short bus ride to the river we got on the boats. Our guides were Jason and Evan, who were both very knowledgeable and did a fantastic job guiding us through the rapids. To say we had fun is an understatement. The water was cold but the gear we were provided kept us warm. All of the gear was top notch and clean.

After a few hours on the river we stopped at our campsite. The crew set up camp and cooked lunch, dinner, desert and breakfast the following morning. The food was excellent and the camp site was pristine. All in all the group did an excellent job! I would highly recommend North Creek Rafting.