This hotel wins the honor of being the worst and also the most expensive hotel on our 21 day road trip. I had made the mistake of not booking a room elsewhere before arriving in Niagara Falls. It was all I could find after looking at all the travel sites and calling over 10 places. I felt dirty just walking into the room. My son wanted to sleep in the van. The room only had one bed for 4 of us so the guy at the front desk brought us an old cot with nasty bedding. We were afraid to put our bags anywhere in the room for fear of getting bed bugs in our luggage. We were afraid to take off our shoes. This hotel is gross. Even the breakfast was bad. It left a terrible impression of Niagara Falls Ny. If you have a choice stay on the canada side as it seems the US side has mostly crappy outdated hotels along the falls. They're also the most expensive, how does that work? Really it's like an overpriced ghetto. We stayed out as late as possible and left as soon as we woke up. The only positive is that it is close to the falls not that that matters much as you can't actually see them from the hotel and there is plenty of parking near the falls anyways. I would never in a million years stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome Affordable comfort in the heart of Niagara Falls. Niagara's Howard Johnson - Closest to the Falls and Casino. We are just a short stroll to the Famous Falls, Maid of the Mist, and Cave of the Winds - all one & 1/2 blocks from the hotel! The Seneca Casino is just a three block walk80 spacious rooms, including luxurious jacuzzi rooms, all with free wireless internet access. Whether you crave adventure, sightseeing, gaming, romance, shopping, hiking, or fishing Howard Johnson Hotel can accommodate you. An Eco-friendly property. Hotel Highlights: Free Wireless High Speed Internet Access in all rooms and on site Packages available (click package tab above), King Jacuzzi rooms, Smoking rooms, Indoor heated pool/sauna, In-Room Safes, Free Parking, Helicopter Tours and Sightseeing Tours On-Site, Retro Game Room, Handicapped rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Howard Johnson Closest to the Falls and Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Closest To The Falls Hotel Niagara Falls
- Howard Johnson Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Howard Johnson