“Not Recommended” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 50 Hotels in Niagara Falls
North Dakota
“Not Recommended”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2011

If you want to go to Niagara Falls, you might as well stay in Buffalo for less money, and drive to the Falls (30 min.away). This motel was near some industrial facilities, not close to anything interesting within walking distance. The room was tiny and uncomfortable (no bedside light, tiny t.v., extremely dirty and noisy a.c.,parking difficulty to safely exit from). A horrible smell of either Pinesol or bug spray greeted us upon arrival. Unable to open (inoperable) cranks on windows to allow cross-ventilation. Bathroom clean. Management very friendly. "Breakfast" was a muffin, bananna and juice delivered to us the day before. Bug seen climbing up next to the bed. Unable to cancel the 2nd night without a fee and penalty. No ice maker. Free Internet was not working.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.... if you have to, make it only 1 night and insist upon being able to open the win...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank SunshineCheyenne
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
long island, ny
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2011

I had seen this motel online before actually getting there so I knew what to expect. I don't normally stay in motels because I don't feel as safe as I do in hotels. The only reason my daughter and I stayed here was because all the regular hotels were quite high priced. Even this was high priced for a MOTEL. Normally a motel stay is between 50 and 75. This cost 100 which is generally what I can get a HOTEL room for.
Anyway, check-in was slow. The people that own the place were a little scary to my daughter and myself. They were friendly but a little creepy. They were most definitely efficient. When they saw their were two of us they offered us a different room with a full bed and bunk beds so we would each have our own sleeping area. They also offered to let us have two rooms, I assume for the price of one, but I didn't ask because there was no way we were staying separately. We were already creeped.
The room we settled on with the bunk beds was very cute. It was tiny but clean. Big enough for our purposes of a one night stay. I would have preferred better locks on the door. There was a chain and then the door handle lock. We put the chair in front of the door as well. The air conditioner worked fine except it was extremely dirty. Bathroom was small but did the trick. Make sure you look above the lighting fixture for a second roll of toilet paper. We ran out and could not find another and the office was already closed. A better spot would have been under the sink where most people look. We only discovered the other roll by accident in the morning.
Location of the motel was great. Very close to the Falls. And the information given by the staff was very helpful as far as where to park for free at the Falls and where to shop.
For the most part everything went fine but I don't think I would stay here again, just not my type of place.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
MK England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2011

We wanted low cost accommodation for 2 days whilst visiting the Falls and discovered this motel, at random, on-line. The room had a fridge and microwave and a terrific shower, everything we needed. Our hosts could not have been more obliging and friendly, even offering to drive us into the city for the attractions.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Pune, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2011

The rooms are affordable... Also they provided pick and drop service to all the nearby places which was very useful for us.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Gaithersburg, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2011

I stayed here for a couple of nights while visiting Niagara Falls, as I read reviews here that stated how rates are affordable and service is good. I agree and would stay here again. This is not a place for high maintenance types, as it is an old mom and pop kind of place but if you are looking for a nice, inexpensive room you will want to look into this establishment.

Free internet, good lighting, clean, hot water, quiet, etc. The room included a mini-fridge (an essential for me when traveling) and a nice TV. When I had trouble logging onto the internet (a problem w/ my laptop, no fault of the motel) the owner let me use his computer. That was super cool and most appreciated. He also provided a simple but thorough hand drawn map which was very helpful when I was going to dinner and running an errand.

As some others have mentioned, the shower stall is tight so no showering w/ your significant other. Otherwise, bathroom has plenty of room.

Stay here for good customer service and a good night's sleep at a super low rate.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo