“Good food at a good price”

Leon's Italian Bistro & Pizza
Ranked #54 of 313 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 10 June 2016

The restaurant has two entrances, one for pizza and the other for the bistro. Because we had been on the road most of the afternoon, we were not terribly hungry, but wanted to just have a nice relaxing meal. We tried the bistro side of Leon's for our evening meal. Our visit was during the week, so the restaurant was not crowded. For us, the wait staff was very attentive. The bistro is big enough to host a large party or group, yet cozy with booths and tables.
For openers, the waitress brought two rolls, homemade of course, served with a Bruschetta that was enhanced with a bit of spicy flavor in addition to the peppers and olives. Very nice.
After a review of the extensive Italian focussed menu, I decided that an Italian Wedding soup was good for a start. It was flavorful, homemade and good. My wife had a mixed salad, which looked fresh and appetizing.
For my entree, I tried the Wild Mushroom Ravioli with Gorgonzola cream sauce, and an extra order of two meatballs (just in case the ravioli needed help). The food preparation and presentation was perfect with the sauce complementing the mushrooms. The ravioli looked homemade too. The two meatballs were served in red sauce and very large, and by the way, not necessary to augment the ravioli. We shared the meatballs and they were good as well. My spouse tried the Lasagna, and she mentioned that it was excellent, very meaty and cheesy too. For drinks we both had local beers, though wine is also available.
Overall, we had a pleasant and substantial meal, our service was good and I think that next time we are in the area, I'll try the more robust meals that are offered.

Reviewed 8 February 2016

This is a very nice, large Italian restaurant. It serves pizza and pastas. The sauce is good and the portions are generous. I generally have leftovers to take home. The servers are friendly (at least most are) and efficient. The prices are reasonable. Great place for families as there are many tables. Can also get take out at this restaurant.

Reviewed 31 December 2015

I called to do pickup order, then I realized they were further away from my location than I wanted to drive. They went above and beyond saying they would deliver to my location which was about a 15 minute drive and then of course a snow storm hits unexpectedly. They made it with the food, the food was delicious and my kids absolutely loved the pizza (even ate the crust!!)

Reviewed 26 November 2015

As you walked in your were pleasantly surprised by the cozy feel of the interior, The food is very good and offers a nice variety of items. I had the fish fry but was amazed at the other offerings. You begin with olive oil and olive mixture for dipping with the lovely bread they give, then you receive a salad with choice of dressings.I was particularly pleased wiith the salad as it was arranged very mich like the salads you receive in Italy and reminded me of my visit there. The owners are from Italy and so it not surprising that the food is great.

Reviewed 22 November 2015 via mobile

I ordered 5 chicken fingers for pickup and when I got there it felt like there was only 2 in the box it was so lite. When I got home I took a picture of the five chicken fingers as you can see in the picture I might as well have gone to Burger King and spent $2 on chicken nuggets. I will not ever eat there again.