“Strange experience in the parking lot”

Super 8 Newburgh - West Point Stewart Intl Airport
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Newburgh
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights a couple of months ago. Overall, the motel was clean and the staff friendly enough. I did cut my hand on a metal piece on one of the exterior doors that looked like someone had tried to pry it open. The front desk took care of my wound but when I reported it to the manager when I returned home, she knew nothing about it, so the door probably remains the same. The other odd thing was I came back to the motel late in the evening and there was a young girl crying in the parking lot. She came right over to me and I could tell she was either high or drunk and complained about the two guys in the lobby who were fighting. I asked her if she wanted me to get the desk clerk but she got right up in my face and said she could take care of it herself. At that point I hightailed it to my room. I notified the management when I arrived home and they did apologize and sent me a $5 coupon for a night at their motel!! I guess after they heard what I thought about being a middle-aged woman and being stopped in a parking lot at night but a drunk teenager, $5 off a night in the same motel must seen like compensation to them. Not sure when I'll be back in the Newburgh area again but I'll be sure to stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: be sure to stay near the lobby.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Luba P, General Manager at Super 8 Newburgh - West Point Stewart Intl Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2013

In response to your reservation if we could not cancel it it was due to the fact that you made a prepaid reservation on line that states that if you make the reservation and get the 15% or 20% discount so there is no cancellation or refund .It says it very clearly on the site. It is very important to read these policies. if you are ever unsure ask to speak to the Front Desk Manager or General Manager for clarity at the hotel you are thinking of staying at. We will be happy to help with this.

Take care.

Ms.Luba

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 1 March 2012

We stayed in room 111 for one night. The room was clean. The bathroom was recently (2-3 years ago) renovated. The beds were small but comfortable. The breakfast is minimal: Some bagel, butter and cheese. Coffee is good. You eat in the middle of the corridor :)

The rooms are noisy but it is acceptable depending on your neighbours. There is also a couple planes landing and taking off.

The locations is very good: A lot of restaurants around, there is a Wallmart, Woodburry outlet is 15min from hotel.

It is a good one night hotel but I wouldn't stay more than that. We wanted to get something more decent but there is nothing in the $100 range around. So we paid $71 for this room. I think if you are on budget it is a good hotel to stay at.

Room Tip: Only for one night stay.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I stopped in at this location the first thing i always do before settling in is check the beds. I pulled back the covers on the bed and the bed was dirty, there was hair on the bed and it was all stained up the mattress cover was hanging off the mattress this room was never cleaned and the sheets and covers where never changed. I would not recommend this motel. I did not end up staying there we demanded a refund and left :(

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Great location on Route 300 just off 84 & 87, with Denny's and other places within walking distance. Typical of a large Super 8, totally predictable decor, but with a great staff. Pet rooms are in one section with easy access to a nearby wooded area, and when our food was delivered by a local eatery w/o any utensils, Bill at the desk came up with paper plates, napkins, and plastic ware. If you are traveling with a furry friend, he/she will be welcome for an additional $25 fee.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 January 2012

This hotel is exactly what someone wants if they are just passing through the area or staying for business and want a clean, inexpensive place to sleep. They had a decent continental breakfast and it was a very conveniently located. The room ran me about $50. I would go back to this hotel the next time I have to stay in the area.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newburgh
0.7 km away
3.7 km away
Courtyard by Marriott Newburgh Stewart Airport
14.3 km away
Extended Stay America - Fishkill - Westage Center

Been to Super 8 Newburgh - West Point Stewart Intl Airport? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK