“Good tasting menu”

Liberty Street Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Liberty Street Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 199 Restaurants in Newburgh
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 61
Description: Led by Chef/Owner Michael Kelly, Liberty Street Bistro (LSB) is a contemporary American restaurant serving classic French-influenced cuisine in a modern and simple style, embracing the community, culture, and bounty of the Lower Hudson Valley.
Reviewed 14 September 2018

I enjoyed having a tasting menu and being able to select the ite,s that I wanted. I believe this would be a great date spot too.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

This is my favorite restaurant ever! I’m here almost every Monday for Pasta Monday! I never have a doubt when I come here that I will leave satisfied. Everyone who works here is so knowledgeable and friendly. I recently attended a wine and pasta pairing and I left feeling like I learned so much! If you’re in the Hudson Valley area this place is a must try!!!!!

Reviewed 22 August 2018

My friend recommended this restaurant for my visit with her because she had heard so many good things about it. It did not disappoint! The ambiance is comfortable yet chic. There is no blaring music and the lighting is soft and relaxing. Our wait staff, Rosie, was professional, welcoming and helpful! It was difficult to select our dinner from the menu but we did! Foie Gras Tartlet, Black Truffle Agnolotti, Olive Oil-Poached Lobster and Duck Breast Roulade. If you enjoy lamb as I do, they have Roasted Colorado Rack of Lamb. I consider any restaurant serving Colorado Lamb an establishment that cares about what they serve. We skipped dessert not for lack of interest but for lack of room. They have wine pairings at an extra cost and the guest can order either two, three or four courses.
I highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed 17 August 2018

On a recent trip to West Point and the Hudson Valley, my wife and I were struck by the description of Chef/Owner Michael Kelly's very American, French-influenced bistro and decided to give it a try. So glad we did! This little gem has been operating in tiny Newburgh for a couple years, now, so we were too late to claim it as a discovery but, should your travels bring you to the area, we'll add our voices to those who recommend it highly.

The place is small, minimally but tastefully decorated, with generously spaced tables surrounded by but good music set at a volume that supports private conversation at each of them. Care was taken to produce this effect, and the consequent feeling of comfort is immediately apparent to all who care about such stuff. I do, and I was thankful.

The menu is divide into four courses, each with a possible wine pairing, but can be enjoyed in as few as two with a single drink selection. I went for the full ride, four courses with pairings, while my wife chose two with a glass of wine. We both loved the food when it came.

For an appetizer course she chose a delicious Scallop Crudo with a flavorful peach and corn salsa with peach-jalapeneo purée, while I went for a Warm Summer Salad comprise of a tasty, fresh burrata surrounded by tomato, plum, summer berries and pistachio. Both choices were wonderfully flavorful, with mine accompanied by a well chosen glass of Pinot Noir Rosé. It was a great start!

I enjoyed a second course of Black Truffle Agnolotti stuffed with ricotta and covered with wild mushrooms, sweet corn and some brown butter foam. It, too, was just great. Sized to be a second course, not a main, which was appropriate for my dining plan but realize this and inquire about portion size as you plan your order, The wine pairing was with an Italian red blend with just the right amount of earthiness to foreground the mushrooms and truffles in the dish. Again, care was taken.

The main courses are generously-sized and extremely well-executed. My wife gushed about the flavor of her Olive-Oil Poached Cod poised on a bed of chimichurri tagliatelle, summer squash, corn and chamomile. The small bite she shared offered proof that she was not exaggerating. I went for a Pork Tenderloin Wellington because I've never had pork done in that style. The perfectly prepared round pork tenderloin was surrounded in mushroom duxelles sauce, all of it inside a browned puff pastry and accented with a couple braised Cippollini onions and a dollop of creamed spinach. The combined effect was rich, layered and nuanced in its many flavors, each of which spoke in its own turn. It was dynamite!--and I'll be trying to duplicate it at home, at least in spirit, when the cool weather comes this Fall. The wine paring was a Bordeaux that, once again, proved a true complement to the core flavors of the dish. Bravo!

The dessert course, which we shared, was a slice of what the house calls its Quark Cheesecake, which easily served two, with the richness of that old German-style cheese enhance by an oat cookie crust, some blueberry jam and home made ice cream. A glass of Tokaj combined perfectly with this plate to bring the whole meal in for a happy landing.

Throughout the meal, we were marvelously well-served by the wonderful Rosie, with wines dropped off deftly by barman David and pleasant conversation and care from the manager, Elan. All of this was done with perfect attention, yet without a hint of hovering, Again, and finally, care was taken, from start to finish.

If you are in the area, we strongly urge you to give this place a try. We'll be doing so again very soon,

1  Thank jgreen2016
Reviewed 12 August 2018

With personable,efficient staff who are knowledgeable about the menu- food and wine, this restaurant is an absolute must. The menu is simple and delicious arranged in four easy to understand areas to choose as you wish. The wine list is extensive, but not overwhelming and offers great accompaniments to the dishes. (When there the
Wednesday and Thursday wines were half off.) The dishes we tried were delicious:
Not able to eat everything' on the menu, the following were: house made pork shoulder and chicken pate, agnolotti with truffles, melt in the mouth pork Wellington, and the incredible olive oil poached lobster-so delicate and perfectly balanced with charred veg and a light chimmichurri tagliatelle. Chef Michael Kelly is a rising star. Don't miss this!