“Business Lunch with Friends”
Review of Irish Eyes Pub

Irish Eyes Pub
Ranked #7 of 67 Restaurants in New Windsor
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

When in the area, I needed a place to talk business with two friends and have some beers. Irish Eyes is a nice local pub with good (fresh) Smithwick's and Guinness (my two favorites) on tap to go with a good selection of pub fare.

Service is always friendly.

Visit here for fun, to watch sports, meet friends, have a business lunch or for dinner. All good reasons.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 24 October 2018 via mobile

This was our second visit to Irish Eyes for an early dinner. The hamburgers and sliders are delicious. Our friends had a Cuban and a turkey Ruben. They said they were the best ever. Service is very friendly and quick. Great spot for friends and family to gather for food and/or watching a game.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 19 June 2018

The food and service were good. The problem we had was that we were charged twice...once for the New Windsor location and once for a location in Wappinger Falls. It was a big hassle to get credit back. I will say this happened a few years ago and for this reason we have not been back...hopefully this has not happened to anyone else.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

To me, most places with Irish names tend to dall into one of three broad categories; old man bar, kitcky B.S., or real deal authentic. Fortunately, Irish Eyes is rooted firmly in the real deal area. First, it helps that it's staffed by actual Irish people as opposed to Irish-americans (though that's never a guarantee).
The interior is warm and cozy, featuring a long wooden bar with several high tables opposite. In the rear is a sit-down dining area that is relaxed and surprisingly spacious.
The tap selection is modest but solid (Guinness and Smithwicks are always on tap).
The real surpise, however, is the food. You might call it pub grub, but it's straight forward and tasty. I've eaten there several times and I've never been dispointed, in any way. The menu is surprisingly extensive. There is something for everyone, I believe.
Although it seems there isn't much around it, the place always seems lively. It attracts what seems to be a loyal, and diverse crowd.
My only complaint is that my schedule doesn't afford me enough time to visit there more often.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank Sean K
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Food is ok? at best and drinks are cheap. When here keep it short and simple because it will just tack onto your wait time.

Date of visit: May 2017