“Great choice in area”

Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 19
Cuisines: Indian, Thai
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Just steps from New Windsor’s famous five corners, Citrus offers the authentic blends of Indian home cooking and bona fide Thai cuisine in a warmly adorned restaurant. Named after common ingredients found in both Indian and Thai cuisine, Citrus is one of New York’s top Indian and Thai dining destinations. Citrus shares their passion for traditional and regionally-inspired cuisine prepared from fresh ground spices and ingredients to create a menu featuring signature dishes ranging from Citrus Calamari to Mango cheesecake. At Citrus, we invite you to take a culinary journey throughout India and Thailand, to savor and discover new dishes with good company.
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Today was our second visit on a Saturday for lunch and about half the items on buffet were different than last visit. All the food was fresh and hot as expected. Service was attentive but not overbearing. The price was a tad high ($15.95) but Citrus clearly has the market and the base to charge what they want as the restaurant was very busy. Overall it is a great choice for something different in the local area.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

This was very authentic and delicious Indian food, the best I have had in years. Service was very good. We had the lunch buffet, reasonably priced and a terrific variety. Very clean. Would go back!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

There were three of us for dinner and we all ordered different items. I ordered Chicken Saag which was the best I have ever eaten. The sauce was light enough that many traces of spice could just gently carry the tender chicken flavors. The serving size was generous enough for a second meal.

My companions ordered lamb kabobs and chicken tikka masala which were both flavorful and tender. Even the rice was perfect; fluffy with a very few vegetables and a scattering of roasted coconut as garnish.

The spring rolls (5 of them) were delicious and about the thickness of a ring finger. They came beautifully arranged with carrots cut into flower shapes and resting on arugula leaves.

We did not order dessert because we were full

The service was friendly and responsive. Most of the time we were there on a Monday evening the tables were all full. I saw they also do takeout.

I highly recommend this restaurant

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank drmarydrmary
Reviewed 2 April 2018

As someone who eats a variety of cuisine from around the world, Indian food is one of my favorites. Often it is hard (nay, impossible) to find authentic and tasty Indian Food-- however, Citrus nails it. I'm not sure how they do it, but tucked in the heart of New Windsor, we stumbled upon this place, and we ended up ordering a great feast. Bottom line: this place is amazing; the atmosphere might be confusing, but this is truly the best Indian Food I've ever eaten, spanning DC, Baltimore, New Jersey, New York, and Toronto. Kudos Critus!

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 2 April 2018

On a recent trip to West Point, some friends invited us to this place for some Indian food with the cocky assurance that we'd find it on a par with the best back in DC. Well, Rasika in Washington may be a click better but it's also one of the best fine dining Indian restaurants in the United States. For a place just off the highway in the Hudson Valley with family friendly prices, Citrus is a knockout! We focused on the Indian side of the Thai/Indian menu, which our friends strongly recommended, and it was uniformly strong; fresh, well spiced foods and a variety of dishes one would not expect to find outside a major city. I asked for goat meat as a substitute in my Rogan Josh and, without batting an eye, the dish was served perfectly done and perfectly seasoned to my specific description. It was impressive and very, very good. So, if you're near Newburgh and want a taste of Bombay-Near-Hudson, I recommend the place strongly. What a pleasant surprise!

Date of visit: March 2018