“The most amazingly tasty indian food I've ever eaten”
Review of Citrus Restaurant

Citrus Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 65 Restaurants in New Windsor
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 19
Cuisines: Indian, Thai
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Just steps from New Windsor’s famous five corners, Citrus offers the authentic blends of Indian home cooking and bona fide Thai cuisine in a warmly adorned restaurant. Named after common ingredients found in both Indian and Thai cuisine, Citrus is one of New York’s top Indian and Thai dining destinations. Citrus shares their passion for traditional and regionally-inspired cuisine prepared from fresh ground spices and ingredients to create a menu featuring signature dishes ranging from Citrus Calamari to Mango cheesecake. At Citrus, we invite you to take a culinary journey throughout India and Thailand, to savor and discover new dishes with good company.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

As someone who eats a variety of cuisine from around the world, Indian food is one of my favorites. Often it is hard (nay, impossible) to find authentic and tasty Indian Food-- however, Citrus nails it. I'm not sure how they do it, but tucked in the heart of New Windsor, we stumbled upon this place, and we ended up ordering a great feast. Bottom line: this place is amazing; the atmosphere might be confusing, but this is truly the best Indian Food I've ever eaten, spanning DC, Baltimore, New Jersey, New York, and Toronto. Kudos Critus!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

On a recent trip to West Point, some friends invited us to this place for some Indian food with the cocky assurance that we'd find it on a par with the best back in DC. Well, Rasika in Washington may be a click better but it's also one of the best fine dining Indian restaurants in the United States. For a place just off the highway in the Hudson Valley with family friendly prices, Citrus is a knockout! We focused on the Indian side of the Thai/Indian menu, which our friends strongly recommended, and it was uniformly strong; fresh, well spiced foods and a variety of dishes one would not expect to find outside a major city. I asked for goat meat as a substitute in my Rogan Josh and, without batting an eye, the dish was served perfectly done and perfectly seasoned to my specific description. It was impressive and very, very good. So, if you're near Newburgh and want a taste of Bombay-Near-Hudson, I recommend the place strongly. What a pleasant surprise!

Reviewed 19 March 2018

They do a luncheon buffet which is definitely worth it. The buffet in bountiful and includes dessert. It is mostly Indian Food so if you do not enjoy curry - you may be well suited to order off their menu.

The service was prompt and good. There was adequate staff and they were willing to explain dishes. I am not a fan of Indian Food - more a Thai Food fan ergo my use of the buffet was rather limited. I did not leave hungry that is for sure !

If you enjoy Indian Food this is an excellent choice.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Came here on a Saturday evening visit party of two. This place was packed and people were waiting to be seated. We were told 15-20 min but in reality it was 50 minutes so I would suggest reservations for the weekend. For appetizer we had citrus sham savera which is spinach wrapped around homemade cheese served with tangy tomato honey sauce looked like sushi but tasted great. For entree had chicken tikki masala which came with white rice. Food was very good and tasty and even with a long wait I still give this place 5 stars. They have a bar and a drink menu but don't have beer on tap everything is bottles and a mix from blue moon,Coors,Heineken and a couple Indian beers. I had taken Mahal beer which tasted like a regular beer. Plan to visit again soon.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Both Indian &Thai curry and other classic dishes are featured here. Nice lunch buffet and a very popular take out business. Service can be maddeningly slow on occasion. Wine list very limited. Worth a try if you have a taste for this style of cookery. Great selection for Vegans.