“Great Mexican Food”

Little Mexican Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Little Mexican Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 200 Restaurants in New Rochelle
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Little Mexican Cafe has been a New Rochelle destination for aficionados of gourmet Mexican cuisine since 1990.The cheerful dining room is a great setting for simple business lunches or a great evening dining experience. There is a full bar offering domestic, imported and Mexican beer, wine and our signature margarita, all to compliment the cafe’s authentic Mexican cuisine.House specialties include Charro, pork Mexican sausage and seasoned beef with guacamole, rice and beans, and Carne a la Brasa, skirt steak marinated in chipotle and lime served with rice, beans and guacamole. Our Tacos al Pastor was acclaimed in the NY Times as well as a wide assortment of savory enchiladas, sizzling fajitas and other Mexican favorites. We also have a large selection of seafood dishes, including ceviche and oysters.Little Mexican Cafe is the perfect place for hosting special occasions. Accommodations for private parties up to fifty people are available. We also offer take out and free local delivery.
Reviewed 26 July 2016

This is my favorite Mexican restaurant . We have even been here to celebrate a birthday with a large group. Atmosphere is nice, food is delicious, guac is made right at the table just the way you like it, service is quick and courteous and the drinks are delicious. It is a cozy place where you can have a romantic dinner as well. They also deliver.

Ed A, Manager at Little Mexican Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2016

Hi Michelle,

We are thrilled to hear that you and your group enjoyed your recent visit with us. We agree that the guac is one of our specialties and are so happy you found it as delicious as we do! We love hearing that you had great food paired with an excellent dining experience both in atmosphere and service. Thank you for taking the time to leave your review and we hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

The food was not as good as I had expected. Making the guacamole tableside was a nice touch though. Service was slow and the restaurant wasn't crowded.

Reviewed 12 June 2016

My fiancé and I always like going here. It's authentic and very reasonably priced. Don't expect a fancy time, because it's a modest time and it has a beer (I believe), but not a liquor license. I really recommend the shrimp nachos or the Chimichangas. Those familiar with the area know there's about 3 sit-down Mexican spots on this street, and this is one to visit. There is outdoor seating in the summer!!!

Reviewed 4 June 2016 via mobile

We've been eating out in New Rochelle for 11 years and somehow never ate here until last night. We are so glad we finally did. The food was well-made and the portions generous. They serve chilaquiles which I love and have not been able to find good ones in ages. You can even get them with steak or chicken. The guacamole is only $8 and made fresh right at the table. Will definitely go back. Margarita Mondays and Taco Tuesdays are calling our name.

Thank Amy E. H
Reviewed 22 May 2016

By far the best sit-down Mexican I've had in NY. Way better than Vega in Hartsdale, and MUCH more reasonably priced.
Started with Guac at the table. Delicious. And good quantity. Chips and salsa also quite good. Ordered sangria at same time as guac, only negative was our clueless waiter, who didn't quite understand my question, and it wasn't a language problem, and then forgot our drinks on the bar. I had to go get them myself after we finished the guac.
Had the special quesadilla, which was great. And then the taco sampler, 5 mini-tacos for $7 or something. Plenty of food.
S.O. had the Carnitas, nice crisp, not overly fatty. All in all, a great deal and a great meal. I don't give out Excellent ratings easily.