“Good food , nice surroundings , friendly staff”
Review of Barnaby's Restaurant - CLOSED

Barnaby's Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 September 2014

We shared a nice steak dinner in this old stable/inn of the day , food was very good and prices were approximate.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is a nice place for a date or conversation with a friend. Not good for a group. You are lucky to get a drink or food after 9PM, as they say the kitchen is closed. I felt like we were keeping them from closing, and this was at 9:15PM on a Saturday night! You don't want to go there after 7PM. I think the food is pretty good with average prices. The menu has a nice variety. I don't go there often, as I am out with friends a lot, and they are not good for this. There are better choices for that.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

This is an old review....maybe about two to three year old....I forgot to submit but want to have my say. My wife visited New Paltz while looking for a soap company and didn't want to eat at the "college people" places....we needed a mature setting. We found this place and had a great meal and the atmosphere was mature enough for us to enjoy ourselves in this moment.

1  Thank DarrenHicks
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I wouldn´t recommend this place to anyone. The service was good but the food was awful.
I ordered pasta Alfredo and and had to leave everything, in fact it was so bad it became a joke:-) The portion was so large, something we´re not use to in Europé.

1  Thank 523Elisabeth
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We celebrated my sons graduation from college on the actual graduation day, which means there was a huge crowd in an ordinarily small town restaurant. The service was good, considering how many tables were being served. The staff could only do so much to make up for the minor delays from the kitchen. I understood that going in, and had dined here before with wonderful service and food, so I was willing to go with the crowd on this day. That being said, our server was delightful, the food was delicious, the bread was fantastic and the dinner was a success from 13 people in our party.