“Worst meal ever”

Barnaby's Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I wouldn´t recommend this place to anyone. The service was good but the food was awful.
I ordered pasta Alfredo and and had to leave everything, in fact it was so bad it became a joke:-) The portion was so large, something we´re not use to in Europé.

1  Thank 523Elisabeth

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We celebrated my sons graduation from college on the actual graduation day, which means there was a huge crowd in an ordinarily small town restaurant. The service was good, considering how many tables were being served. The staff could only do so much to make up for the minor delays from the kitchen. I understood that going in, and had dined here before with wonderful service and food, so I was willing to go with the crowd on this day. That being said, our server was delightful, the food was delicious, the bread was fantastic and the dinner was a success from 13 people in our party.

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I happened to find ourselves in New Paltz on a day trip from our weekend home in Dingmans Ferry, PA. It was as a nice drive and on our way we stopped by Mohonk Mountain House. We got there a bit late to buy a day pass which would allow us entrance to the facility and have lunch. We decided to come back when the weather was warmer and we had our hiking gear with us. So we headed over to New Paltz. Not really knowing where to go, we walked the sidewalks on this pleasant 55 degree day. A great break from this snowy, freezing cold winter. We decided to try Barnaby's Steak House. The lunch menu was limited and I settled on a burger w grilled onions and Swiss cheese. My husband had a skirt steak sandwich on a perfect "club" style roll. By the way, great roll on both. Forgot to mention we started w clams casino which were also quite tasty. All in all attentive service and great food. I agree with other reviews. Yes, do take a walk upstairs and be impressed with the stamped metal ceiling and beautiful Tiffany style light fixtures. An airy open space with a large bar. I would love to come back when the upstairs is hopping. Looks like it would be great fun.

Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

It was about 15 of us & they put us upstairs alone. We were able 2 enjoy the atmosphere w/o interfering w/ anyone's dinner. We had steaks, chicken, seafood & pasta dishes. Now when I feel like a steak I don't have 2 go far. My steak was medium & delicious. My mother, my 2 sisters & my eldest daughter enjoyed their shrimp dishes. They couldn't stop talking bout the food & drinks. We had a great evening.

1  Thank Darryl C
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I believe it was a restored Play House the upstairs bar is definantly worht checking out even if it is closed for seating. They have a good salmon and a walnut apple salad...