“Awesome waitress, rude bartender.”

Bacchus Restaurant Bar & Billiards
Ranked #14 of 104 Restaurants in New Paltz
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

We’ve been here many times and we always enjoy the food. Our waitress Lanna was super interesting and had very good suggestions and our meal was the best so far. Unfortunately every time we come, we decide to sit at the bar afterwards and it always happens to be the same bartender. She’s very rude and doesn’t acknowledge customers until much after. Not friendly at all and looks grumpy all the time. Replace that bartender and then this place will deserve the five stars. The male bartender seems nice though.

1  Thank JOTASEH

Reviewed 21 October 2017

Walked into an empty restaurant and it took a while for the waitress to approach,.Waitress was friendly however; language was a problem as she had trouble understanding what drinks were[ EG ipa}, After about twenty minutes we were down to ordering. Food was overpriced and underwhelming.
They did have an interesting and varied beer offering, but with the waitress constantly checking types, prices of flights etc. , it made for a confusing and drawn out affair.

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

My daughter attends Sunny New paltz. Great little town, beautiful Main Street. So after going here for a couple of years, we've tried most of the eateries. One we hadn't tried was Bacchus, not for lack of trying. On our 1st attempt at the door we saw plenty of empty tables. A waitress then approached us and said we could have a table but they were under staffed and the wait for our food would be substantial. Being pressed for time, we declined and figured we try another time. To bad we did just that. On our 2nd shot, my wife, daughter and her friend were seated promptly. Then purgatory started. We waited for menus as I looked around at a nearly empty restaurant. Then finally from the rearof the place a young girl came with menus. We quickly decided on what to order. Waited some more. She came back from I don't know where. She was not serving any one else? We placed our orders. 4 guests. Very simple. 3 salads and 1 wrap. Nothing fancy or elaborate. No apps. I could have made the whole order myself in my kitchen in less than 10 minutes. 25 minutes went by before my wife finally got up to to see if there was a problem. 5 minutes later the food arrived. And it was not worth the wait. My wife and I ordered the goat cheese salad. But we did not order a child's portion with raw bacon. Any way, I could go on. Avoid this place!

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

They had some decent drink specials which we enjoyed.

Tex Mex Egg rolls where just ok. Very greasy and a rather weird dipping sauce.
Pulled pork quesadillas where good, and of ample size. Had some of their Bacchus Double Ale Brew. Strange after taste, which we were told was due to a, "bad poor". We were told they would complimentary cover.
We waited 30 minutes and never saw the replacement drinks. We were told the keg never,"settled down"

We enjoyed another bottled beer and called it good.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Had an overnight in New Paltz on our way upstate. One in our group had been to Bacchus before so we decided to go back. Typical college town place. Very low key. Lots of beers on tap and even more in bottles. Really good burgers. Exactly what we were looking for.