“AMAZING TALENT”

DM Weil Gallery
Ranked #3 of 27 things to do in New Paltz
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Available to view Mon - Fri by appointment. Please call the gallery. At over 3,000 square feet, DM Weil Gallery may be one of the largest modern art galleries in New York's Hudson Valley. Just a short drive from the center of picturesque New Paltz, DM Weil Gallery offers the look and vibe of an exclusive Soho style exhibition space, but with the majestic Shawangunk mountains as a backdrop. The eye-popping abstract creations of acclaimed painter DM Weil -- has been praised by critics and collectors alike, the gallery's mission statement remains, "Why Can't Fine Art Be Fun?".
katonah
“AMAZING TALENT”
Reviewed 8 February 2012

While on a lazy sunday, took a ride up to New Paltz - Had previously read about this gallery and figured while up in the hood, would stop and check it out - AMAZING TALENT - colors, gallery, paintings - everything was AMAZING - Artist a friendly, outgoing gal, made us feel at home as we strolled the gallery. One painting more beautiful than the next. If given the opportunity, you should stop and wet your palate with these beautiful displays.

Visited January 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Ottawa, Canada
“DM Weil Art Gallery A Must Visit!”
Reviewed 2 February 2012

DM Weil is one of the most inspirational people and artists I have ever met. I first acquired one of Donna's paintings, after an impromptu invite to her studio in the Bronx during a trip to Manhattan in 2008. Since that time I have watched as Donna's career exploded onto the international scene and rightly so! Her passion and sole are so clearly portrayed in her unique art work. You can feel how her art conveys a message or an emotion that transcends all mediums. One of the most incredible aspects of Donna's art is that each time you look at her paintings you see and feel something different within the painting itself. I have never had such unique experience with any other piece of art that I own or have been exposed to. I have recently been to the new DM Weil Gallery in New Paltz NY. Having the opportunity to speak to Donna, who is always there to greet you, provides a collector or purchaser with that personal touch that emanates from Donna's sincerity, compassion and empathy for people and which is translated into her art work. A visit to the DM Weil Gallery is a must see while in New Paltz and certainly worth its weight in gold, as a day trip from Manhattan or the surrounding area!!! 5 Stars!!!

Brooklyn, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“enjoyed meeting the artist”
Reviewed 17 January 2012

After seeing all the recommendations on tripadvisor, we decided to check out the gallery. we went in the off-season, so we had to call the gallery manager, Ken, to make an appointment. We called that morning and were able to come in just an hour later, which was really convenient. We really enjoyed viewing the art and had the unique opportunity to speak with the artist about her work. We stayed much longer than expected. Donna and Ken were so warm and hospitable. Definitely worth checking out.

Visited December 2011
Gardiner, New York
“Unexpected Pleasure”
Reviewed 16 January 2012

The Gallery was outstanding and the manager very informative, As for thr ART
OUTSTANDING!!! A must see if leaving or traveling into this area. Worth the
ride for near or FAR!!!!

Poughkeepsie, New York
“Changed my opinion of modern art”
Reviewed 9 January 2012

My husband and I stopped into the gallery back in August and I was blown away! I loved the art work, there is so much energy coming from it. We also had a chance to spend some time talking with the artist about her work. It was a great way to spend the afternoon and I look forward to visiting again this year.

Visited August 2011