“Good diner dinner”

College Diner
Ranked #61 of 103 Restaurants in New Paltz
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 15 November 2017

We stopped at this diner on a recent road trip. While I warned my husband that it probably wasn't the best place to order salmon, he did and received an enormous piece of fish. Unfortunately, it was undoubtedly frozen and not the best. I had soup and a grilled cheese sandwich which were just perfect. Our waitress couldn't have been nicer.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Excellent cheeseburgers, onion rings and sweet potato fries! Pleasant and efficient waitstaff! Loved this place!

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Fluffiest banana nut pancakes ever! There was fruit and walnut in every single bite! I can't remember the name of the breakfast sandwich I had, but it was overflowing with egg, avocado and cheese on a brioche bun. It was excellent!
The atmosphere is dark because of wood paneling all over, and we really weren't sure what we were getting into, but even the coffee was good diner coffee.
This is down main street around the highway, so not in the middle of town where the tourists are. We were headed north to New England and just stopped in the first place we saw. We were not disappointed!

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Awesome burger...service good ....no complaints. Salad bar and soup with meal. Ya wont go hungry here...

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

I loved the look and feel of this place; classic NY diner.

We ordered breakfast in the afternoon, which is something I love about diners.

The omelette and eggs we ordered were good. However, the biscuits & gravy was strange. The gravy appeared lumpy and gelatinous but tasted okay. The biscuits however were even stranger. I expected actual biscuits. Not cookie biscuits. I'm not sure if this is some kind of local way of making this dish but I thought sausage gravy over cookie biscuits was strange and I didn't really like it.

There are jukeboxes at the tables. Although we didn't use, I like that they had them. Old songs and albums from the 90's on them.

Service was okay. Could have been a little bit swifter in refilling drinks but I am not sure how many tables or side work our server had to do at that moment as well.

Over all it was an enjoyable experience and will go again if ever back in the area.