All reviews bristol suite can't wait to go back guest kitchen the owner get away hot tub last minute beautiful place at home my boyfriend penny anniversary accommodations cozy fireplace amenities weekend
Reviewed 26 June 2016

This was our second visit here, the first with the new owners. They were wonderful! We were very impressed with their professionalism and down home friendliness! Clearly they take immense pride in their property and their hard work shows..especially since the previous owners had more or less let the place go. If you're looking for a romantic, peaceful getaway..this is a wonderful place for it! Our favorite...viewing the stars and fireflies right outside our patio door.
Our accommodations were quite lovely. If you're looking for marble and glass..forget it. This is a charming home one should expect to find high up in the hillside of the Finger Lakes. Truly a place to get away from it all!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2016 via mobile

I always do my research before traveling out of town. My boyfriend and I were looking for a nice, quiet place to stay to just get away from it all. Boy, am I glad we found this place. The owner, Penny, was extremely friendly and helpful. We checked in late in the evening and she was very gracious about it and helpful checking in to our room. We stayed in the Bristol Suite which was very spacious, cutely decorated, and the bathroom was to die for with it's private jacuzzi. Breakfast was always great with a plentiful plate sized serving that never left you hungry. The staff were always friendly and courteous. We never had a problem during our stay and we plan on returning in the fall to enjoy the foliage scenery from the inn. The views from the inn are absolutely beautiful. We highly recommend this place.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2016

My husband and I stayed in the Bristol Suite for our honeymoon. It was a beautiful stay! I will say the room was dated at the time though. We didn't mind at all, but if you're looking for a modern room- this isn't it. The Bristol Suite was very spacious with a beautiful view. We were treated so nicely by the owners and enjoyed our stay so much! Just FYI- we were allowed to use the Jacuzzi from the Wisteria room. That room is adorable, but so tiny!!

Room Tip: Bristol Suite was very spacious and beautiful!
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2015

Just got back from our first anniversary trip to Naples,NY, where we stayed at The Vagabond Inn. We had a wonderful time! Penny, the Innkeeper is so nice and extremely helpful. She recommended a great Wine tour, some local restaurants, and places to visit in the area. My wife has an egg allergy, and Penny went out of her way to plan delicious egg-free breakfasts for her every morning.
The Inn itself is absolutely beautiful. The view is breathtaking, and Penny has a great eye for antique furniture; the place is well appointed while still comfortable and welcoming. Our private hot tub was freshly cleaned for us and so nice to relax in after a day of wine tasting!
The Vagabond Inn is a great retreat while still accessible to great restaurants and other local attractions. We had such an amazing trip, and hope to return again!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2015 via mobile

My brand new wife and I visited the Vagabond Inn for a few nights to get away after getting married. We stayed in the Bristol room for two nights, and the fox and hound room for the third night.

Penny has a sign next to the front door that says "enter as strangers, leave as friends". We really did have that experience. She was incredibly helpful in finding dining near to her that suited our dining needs. My wife and Penny both enjoy a quite limited diet, however this did not affect my breakfast experience, or the breakfast experience of other guests staying there. She is extremely accommodating for all sorts of diners for breakfast.

The rooms were quite spacious, and really clean. Amazing views as well! The hot tubs and pool were great, and were well cared for. The location was far enough away to not have cell signal, which for our needs was quite enjoyable. She did have Internet available though, for those who may want that sort of thing.

Overall, a great stay. Would absolutely recommend for anyone looking to get away from the hustle and bustle. Unfortunately, my only regret is that I didn't take many photos!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple