All reviews full kitchen long term stay laundry room washers and dryers kitchen items weekly basis type of place toaster oven plenty of free parking minor point clean towels nearby restaurants short stay house keeping business trip choose this hotel would stay here again
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

We only stayed here for one night while passing through.

Pleasant quick check in and first impressions of the room were good.

Big size with a kitchen area and plenty of utensils (although we didn't use any while we were there)

Fast free WiFi and a comfortable bed (although very high for some reason!)

Plenty of free parking and plenty of shops/restaurants around the area (I recommend smashburger!)

Only minor point was the train! Every time it went past (right outside the hotel) it sounds a horn a few times and this wasn't pleasant while trying to get to sleep at night, or at 5am! If staying here make sure you ask for a room on the side not next to the train tracks.

If we were staying in the area again we would definitely choose this hotel again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2018

I had never stayed at a Candlewood and my experience greatly exceeded my expectations. Needed a place with a kitchen that accepted pets, and booked a queen bedroom suite for my wife and I, our infant and dog. The kitchen was spacious and was stocked with all the necessary supplies. We heard no noise from adjoining rooms nor the hallway. Location was quiet and safe, and conveniently located near major highways. Plus there was a gym (which I did not have time to use) and free laundry machines. I will not hesitate to stay at a Candlewood again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Came up for the weekend to visit Bear Mountain and the neighboring towns. Was looking for a place that would allow our 80lb golden retriever. We choose the 1BR apt because of our dog but probably would have been comfortable in the studio. There was a scratch on the floor but the Room was nice and clean. Very close to restaurants and shopping. Will come back again when in the neighborhood

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2018

I stayed there for about a week when I lost power at my house. Clean, nice location for a great price. Pet friendly which was a requirement. Front desk friendly, as was everyone else. Would definitely stay at a similar location.

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Our family reserved two rooms, one a suite, the other a queen room for 3/4 nights. We requested adjoining rooms, the best they could do was to put us on the same floor. There is no house keeping at this hotel. You need to change your own bath towels and empty your own garbage cans. The evening clerk, Dee, was a pleasure to meet and converse with. He was helpful and remembered us when we got back the next evening. We used the one packet of coffee left in the room and had to pay for the additional packets the following mornings. Beds were comfortable, kitchen was adequate.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites - Nanuet, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2018

Hello 24QueenBee,

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased you liked the service of our night staff and found the beds comfortable and clean. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and if our hotel fell below your expectations in many aspects. Thank you for bringing this to our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

Dianne L