“Great breakfast”
Review of MTK Cafe - CLOSED

MTK Cafe
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We had breakfast here a couple of times on our recent holiday. Fantastic selection of dishes, and nothing disappointed. Very good service. Seems to be a little traditional gem in the heart of Montauk.

Date of visit: August 2013

Reviewed 8 September 2013

The food here is outrageous! This is a deceiving place; it looks small from the outside, with a few outdoor seats on the street side in the main village and inside its huge with more outdoor seating out the back. It looks like your normal cafe. The service is impeccable - very friendly, very accommodating (we had a two month old baby with us). We asked the waitress for a recommendation and she suggested the lobster roll. They had two varieties - cold and hot. I asked about the hot roll since I've only ever had cold lobster rolls. She highly recommended the hot lobster roll - buttery brioche roll with lobster dipped in drawn butter with cole slaw on the side. OMG! It was beyond delicious. It was quite possibly the most delicious way I've had lobster.

I can see my husband and I taking a ride out to Montauk for the afternoon just for this place!

Date of visit: September 2013
1  Thank sheils78
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I had breakfast here with my husband and son. We sat outdoors in the back, which was just okay, not terribly nice. They had to clean off and set the table while we were sitting there. The rag the employee used didn't smell very good(you know the smell - bleach with underlying mustiness), so that's what the table smelled like. She didn't get all the sand off the table - but at least it was the area where we weren't sitting. Our server however, was very nice and efficient. The coffee was good. I had whole wheat pancakes with blueberries, which were good. The bacon was tasty and crispy. My husband had an egg sandwich which was good. My son had buttermilk pancakes which he said were "alright". The food arrived quickly, but they didn't bring syrup, or salt and pepper with it. I went inside and got my own, it was quicker than finding a server and asking for it. Everything was just ok, the place, the food, the service. I can't say "I can't wait to go back" but I also can't say "I'll never go back".

Date of visit: September 2013
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Stopped for lunch around 2:00pm on Monday. Seated by the owner who then left us. Waited sometime to order. Wait staff didn't seem together. Food was good.

Date of visit: August 2013
Reviewed 30 July 2013

My wife and I had a delicious breakfast here. Service was fast and friendly. Great choices and good portions.

Date of visit: July 2013