“Lovely experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montauk
Hither House Cottages by the Ocean
New York City, New York
“Lovely experience”
Reviewed 3 August 2011

We stayed at the Studio Cottage with our two teenage children and German Shepherd. It was clean, quaint, a short scenic walk to the beach. The managment was friendly and solicitous. The grounds are beautifully landscaped. We thoroughly enjoyed it and will be back next year, in a bigger cottage. Well worth it.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank elisaesq
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Huntington, New York
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I stayed at the Hither House with my boyfriend this past weekend. We had been looking for hotels to stay at in Montauk and were disappointed when we found out that almost all of them had a 3 night required stay. We discovered the Hither House (no 3 night stay required) and were shocked at how low the prices were. The recent reviews were all good so we decided to book it. Later we looked at the older reviews and saw that some of them were very poor, so we weren't really sure what to expect. We were blown away when we got there. Not only was the owner incredibly nice and accommodating, but the cottage was spacious and very clean. I did not understand how anyone could leave a negative review about this place! If you are looking for a five star hotel..this is not it. If you are looking for a quiet, comfortable and affordable homey place that is close to the beach and a 2 minute drive from the town..this is it!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank mreenog
NEW YORK
Reviewed 26 July 2011

My husband and I go out to Montauk quite a bit - about once every 2 months or so. I've rented the studio when traveling solo with my pup and we have rented the East/West cottage when traveling together with our boy. It's perfect. Not pretentious, the owners are wonderful, they offer dog-sitting which is awesome... The cottages are not overpriced and just a quick minute walk to the beach!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
7 Thank jupiter4jackie
Huntington, New York
Reviewed 21 July 2011

I went to Hither Hills cottages in June 2011, it was the worse vacation I ever had. The furniture in the cottage was old and smelled. The owner of the property lives there and constantly fought with her children. When I would sit outside all you could hear was yelling. Different dogs that stayed there would come over on the area you were renting and go to the bathroom and you were responsible to clean it up. They claim they have housekeeping, I saw the made once. The sheets on the bed were like sand paper and the quilt was old and smelled. The refrigerator had a horrible ordor as well. I wanted to leave but I was told I wouldn't get a refund.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank disapp0inted62

Travellers are raving about these Montauk hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 May 2011

When I arrived with my 2 lettle pugs I was so surprised that such a lovely landscaped property accepted animals!! I was more surprised when Weu the owner opened the door of the Hither cottage- It was clean and the kitchen was well stocked with everything for both cooking, baking and clean up! the rooms were spotless and very comfortable.
The view was terrific from the sottage and it had a nice patio.
It is a short drive to town and the beach and plenty of places to walk the dogs-you must take them off the property to do their business and there are plenty of places to take them!
If you are looking to relax this is the place!!! It is quite and comfortable, please adhere to the pet rules so that it remains pet friendly. I will return as often as I can !

Room Tip: Hither cottage is a large 2 bedroom cottage