Beachcomber Resort At Montauk
Hero Beach Club(Montauk)(Great Value!)
US$ 276
US$ 226
Driftwood on the Ocean(Montauk)(Great Value!)
US$ 189
US$ 170
Montauk Yacht Club Resort & Marina(Montauk)(Great Value!)
US$ 199
Surf Club Resort(Montauk)(Great Value!)
US$ 200
US$ 149
Montauk Blue Hotel(Montauk)(Great Value!)
US$ 133
Ocean Surf Resort(Montauk)(Great Value!)
US$ 224
US$ 212
US$ 173
Orbitz.com
Hartman's Briney Breezes Motel(Montauk)(Great Value!)
US$ 251
US$ 1,253
US$ 1,065
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsacross the streetbeach decorrental unitmontauk highwayshort walk to the beachheated poolclose to downtowngrounds are immaculatenice bathroomsink areafully equipped kitchennautical themeocean viewcolumbus day weekendpots and pansmorning coffeeditch plains
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 September 2010

The property is a co-op type. Some of the rooms are very dated; I would like to see houskeeping clea, that they would use a vacuum cleaner. There were several days no vacuum cleaner used. Please see photos of dated room

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank WATCHFULEYESTODAY
Reviewed 28 August 2010

first i would like to say that this is coming from an 11 year olds point of veiw. we were coming out to montauk for a couple of nights in the summer and we were looking for a hotel. we came across the beachcomber. it was fairly priced but looked outdated. the other places we wanted to go to were booked. we called to make a reservation, and i have to admit, i was not looking forward to staying at this hotel, but they said that we had a recently renovated room! when we got there.... lets talk about the room. it looked awesome with a balcony and little kitchen area, the only things that i would say i didnt like was the curtains, the bathroom floor, but those are no big deal. i mean its good to have a nice room, but appearance doesnt matter. ok, and it wasnt the most comfortable beds ever, but you get used to it and you have to make do. the balcony was amazing, you walk across the street and take a path down to the beach, it has a pool and tennis. my family and i loved this trip and we actually booked another trip in 2 weeks requesting the same room .WE LOVED IT!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2010

I've stayed at a couple of places in Montauk, and for the price, this is the best place. Yes, it's dated 80s decor, yes, it's low end quality rooms and beds, but hey, it's a beach resort! The rooms were clean, staff was friendly, and the location is to die for! You can walk into town (unlike other resorts on the strip) and is directly across from the beach. We stayed in an upper level 1br and were VERY happy with our room. It was quiet which was great since we were with a 10month old. The rooms next to and below us were owned and not rented out. (Actually, all rooms are owned by co-op owners and are rented out if they choose.) We've stayed at other resorts in the area and this one is just as good as the "expensive spa resorts" up the road. (Don't think those are not 80s decor, they are too!) The pool was very nice too. We didn't play tennis, but the courts seemed to be in good condition.

I would definitely recommend this place and we plan on returning again next summer. I would also recommend eating at Shagwong in town or Rick's Crabby Cowboy Cafe. Stay AWAY from the Lobster Roll "Lunch" restaurant. Their Lobster Rolls have NO taste and I've had better food at Friendly's than that place. Yuck!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank kenielle
Reviewed 9 August 2010

I recently stayed here with my extended family, all visiting from out of state and who had traveled a long way. The place itself was underwhelming -- over $300 per night for a lumpy double bed, dirty and stained carpet, and "kitchen" that was missing basic things like water glasses. But what made it infuriating was that management was simply dishonest. At check in they pretended that we had reserved an extra night (which we hadn't) and they insisted that we pre-pay in full. The refrigerator in our room was broken and as a result all of the perishable groceries that we brought for four days rotted within 12 hours. We reported this to management when we found out the problem, and they apologized and promised to fix it -- but they never did. The repairman came, told us the fridge was "fine", and refused to do anything further. The manager then insisted she couldn't give us a discount for our trouble because she had no way of knowing whether "we had just bought rotten food in the first place." She insisted that she was being generous by offering us a free single night's stay in the off-season -- meaning more money for them, because they don't allow you to stay just for a single night in the off-season! It's a beautiful area but only worth it if you can get it at a deep discount

Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
6  Thank Ploppity
Reviewed 13 July 2010

Disappointed is an understatement.
We arrived early Friday for a two night stay at the Beach Comber. My boyfriend and I were hoping that we could check in early if the hotel wasn't completely booked. The hotel was not completely booked and it looked rather slow. We walked in the office to check in and were greeted by cold stares and the woman behind the counter "Can I help you?". With an attitude. I think the proper greeting when checking into a hotel you are spending about 350 a night on should be "Welcome to the Beach Comber, how can I help you?". I had a feeling the greeting was going to be indicative of the overall stay. I wasn't wrong.

We prepaid for the room so when my boyfriend was asked "are you over 25?" he was a bit confused. Yes, he is over 25 but no one asked him this when he gave them our reservation and credit card. Had we not been over 25 would we have been denied a vacation planned months ago? This seems like poor communication on their end to say the least.

We then asked if we could check in early and were told that no, the room was not ready. We found this hard to believe as it looked DEAD at the hotel but we took their word for it and went to the beach. We were also told they'd call us if the room was ready early, we didn't receive a phone call and left the beach at 4pm to check in.

The room. Room 211. Wow. We thought we stepped back into the late 1970's early 80's. I took pictures to prove it! The room itself might not have been bad if it had been updated in the last 10 years. The first thing we noticed was the smell. It smelled like a musky, damp basement filled with wet puppies. It was fairly obvious that no one had stayed in the room before us (which means they could have let us check in early) and I'd be surprised if anyone stayed in the room all season! The smell was obviously because the place hadn't been aired out in a long time. The towels had a funky moldy smell and we couldn't use them. Luckily we had a couple of extra beach towels to use.

The Couch looked and felt like a doctor's office waiting room couch. It grossed me out so much I refused to sit on it with out a blanket over it. ( A blanket we brought from home)

I called for a blow dryer. I was a bit confused why there was no blow dryer in the room to start with but regardless, I called. They promised to bring me one. After an hour or so of waiting we finally gave up. We were too hungry and tired to wait any longer or call and complain.

Saturday I called again for the blow dryer. This time it was raining. I explained to them that I had called the night before and never received it and the woman asked "Can you come pick it up?" No I can't. It is raining, I had already asked the night before and we are paying 700 dollars for the weekend to stay there! I shouldn't even have to ASK for a blow dryer. A nice older man brought me the blow dryer fairly quickly this time.

We checked out Sunday at 11 am. Another thing I have a problem with. I think it is a bit tacky and cheap to have check out before noon, but it is what it is.

I will say normally I'd call and complain about things like the overall condition of the room, the smelly towels, etc but after our reception I didn't have the energy. We just felt we already paid for it, that we'd make the best of it and write some bad reviews when we got back. It just didn't' seem worth our energy for a two night stay that we'd mostly spend at the beach. The best thing we can do is write this review, never recommend this place to friends and laugh about the 1978 pink sculpture. (please see pictures)

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple