All reviews front desk across the street girls weekend sole east room was clean fort pond first floor perfect location place to stay amenities town shuttle
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

I was skeptical upon arrival due to some of the reviews. Happily surprised to find a clean 2 queen room with a nice modern shower and out of the bathroom sink. Small fridge, sitting area added to the room. Stones throw from the beach and heart of town. One thing, don't really expect to get a good nights sleep in any hotel in that area of Montauk, Sole East beach included. Loud people lurk and can be very inconsiderate.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

i'm tommy from CT who is 54 years old. I have family in Long Island where I've vacationed once a year for the last 41 years. I have two daughters who I bring, and for the last six years, we've been staying at sole east on the beach in Montauk. Last year we clogged up the toilet, the manager came within 15 minutes from Sole east resort to unclog it. This year we locked our keys in the room, with in 10 minutes the manager from the resort came to get us back in our room. This year for our family has been a very difficult year. The future is uncertain. There's a girl whose name is Kristina who works at the front desk at Sole east on the beach. Kristina is very nice, helpful, and very down to earth. She made our experience at Sole east one of the best vacations we ever have had. I will be staying at Sole east every summer when we vacation till the day I die. When my daughters and I see the green doors, we know we're on vacation. Thank you Kristina and the management at Sole east, we will never forget it. See you next summer!! :) :)

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2017

I just returned from a stay at this hotel with my wife and two 10 month old twin daughters. In the middle of the night I felt a bulge in my ribs and grabbed an object and tossed it on the floor. Once I awoke I checked to see what it was it was a small container with marijuana inside of it. I brought this to the attention of the desk upon check out and they said they couldn’t do anything. They said a manager will be in touch. No phone call or email returned. After a few days I had to reach out multiple times to speak to someone about this. The management lives out of state and does not reply. I spoke to the manager on site that had to play middle man in communicating with the owners who would not call me. They decided they weren’t going to do anything about it and didn’t take it seriously. Not only does it show they don’t care about their customers but also that the rooms are not properly cleaned. What if my daughters got a hold of that and put it in their mouth? What then? I might also expect this at a local cheap motel but not when a room costs $400/ night. I would expect clean sheets and a management team that actually cares about people. I would advise to stay away from this place due to the dirtiness and terrible customer service. Keep your young children away from this place.

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel. Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

Made a last minute reservation while we were on the beach. It is super close, across the street, from the beach and close to town. Staff is very helpful and the room is clean and relatively modern. A great bonus is that you can use the sister resort Sole East, with all it's amenities, pool and resort. Overall a good place to stay if your in the area.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

I have never written a hotel review before, but after my weekend at Sole East Beach motel I felt I had to. I recently stayed in the Sole East Beach motel with three friends. Upon entering our room, my friends and I noticed an extremely strong chemical smell. We immediately went down to the front desk to alert them and ask if we could be moved. The woman at the front desk informed us that the smell was from the recently installed carpet, but there was nothing she could do about it. Whenever my friends and I were in our room, we had to have the window and door wide open to try and get some fresh air. For two nights, we slept with the window wide open, hoping to diminish the smell. The smell, as well as the lack of screen or lock on the window made it nearly impossible for us to sleep. Each morning we all woke up with a headache. Our second night, we called asking again if we could move rooms, and we were told that the motel was fully booked. The excuse, although seemingly understandable, was a bit odd considering most of the rooms around us were visibly vacant. Upon check out, we again alerted the front desk of the issue and spoke with someone from management over the phone who claimed the general manager was away that day and would call back the following day. After not hearing from the manager, my friend had since called several times hoping to rectify the issue. Instead of receiving a call back, my friend received a rude email from management basically claiming we were all lying about the smell and that they refuse to discuss the matter any further. I would definitely not suggest staying in a place with such unhelpful, dishonest management.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends