“Classic slice of Americana”
Review of Mineola Diner

Mineola Diner
Ranked #11 of 89 Restaurants in Mineola
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 18 May 2016

I was taken to the Mineola Diner during a recent trip to NY State from England. I had never been in a diner and wanted to experience as slice of American life first hand. Brunch in a diner was one of my requests. My hosts loved the chance to share this place with me – and I loved it!

The décor was in keeping with my expectations of what I had hoped: Leather stools and booths in reds and pastels; Chrome walls; a Juke Box and eggs over easy!

. The clients and the staff were friendly and made me feel very welcome. The only disappointment was that there was no surly waitress (a struggling single parent waiting for her break to star on Broadway) there to take my order – like in the movies. Instead I was greeted with pleasantries and a good humour.

The home fries were great! The coffee was the best I had during my stay. So good I went back a few days later!

Date of visit: April 2016

Reviewed 20 April 2016 via mobile

We stopped for lunch at the Mineola Diner. The place is so cool. Old time retro diner with great food. Excellent burgers. Perfect fries (crisp and light) excellent coffee. The waitress was so sweet. Love the old time counter and booths. They don't make me like this anymore!

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 15 February 2016

A local, friendly, best in diner place; service is great and I particularly love June. Their home-made Corned Beef, and Romanian Tenderloin, breakfasts are my favorites. I estimate I have dined here one-hundred times over the years.

Date of visit: February 2016
1  Thank Finrep001
Reviewed 13 January 2016 via mobile

Driving through Long Island I decided to look up Best 10 LI Diners on the internet.

This place came up, I saw "in business since 1948" and that was an incentive.
It really looks the part - time capsule all the way.
However, your expectations should be in line with the town you are driving through!! Just a reminder.
Food: burger was ok, sandwiches were good. I would suggest you try one!

One little detail was deceiving: no milkshakes?!? How can that be? A diner with no milkshakes...that's so sad!!
Bring them back! Please :)

Don't go out of your way but, if drivng through, it's a fun place to visit!

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed 6 January 2016

Love the place for breakfast - prices are reasonable and Mike and Shane add a flair to the place that serves the locals. Breakfast specials are terrific, worth a try!

Date of visit: December 2015