“The Hotel to Stay At !!!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Middletown

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Middletown
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Middletown
Johnson City, New York
“The Hotel to Stay At !!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

My husband , teen daughter & I stayed @ Microtel from Aug - Dec 2011 due to a house fire . First I want to say that the staff was exceptional in making our time there comfortable and making us ALWAYS feel at home . They went out of there way for us . The front desk staff as well as management went above & beyond for us. The hotel was always clean , parking was never a problem. Breakfast was always fresh ,if I woke up late & missed it they always provided for my family & I .Always out to please . Housekeeping left our room immaculate everyday , NEVER did I have a problem. If I asked for extra towels , blankets I didn't have to wait. GREAT STAFF!!!! I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel . As for the cost it's perfect for what you're getting !!!For a 2 star hotel I would rate this hotel a 5 star!!! I want to take this time & says thanks for all your efforts in making an unpleasant time in our lives PLEASANT!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

Found everything to be satisfactory, central, but also private,good car parking facilities.Made a mistake by booking a double with third person if required to stay on a made up bed. I was charged for 3 persons ( my mistake but was not very clear) should have only paid for a double and discussed with hotel itself about third person if required Not a moden hotel, but more old style, a feeling of friendliness surrounding it.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2011

My husband and I stayed here with our two children for one night.
The hotel is very clean. I typically won't let the kids touch anything in other hotels, but this one was rather pleasant.

The problem though is that the walls are paper thin. I could hear the TV on both sides of us and anytime someone walked by the room during the night, my little guy (and I) would wake up. It really wasn't anything the hotel could handle because it was just intermittent noises while people were settling in (even the ones coming in at 4:00am). I did note to the woman at the desk in the morning that we wouldn't be returning due to the noise. She laughed at me! For some reason she found it funny that none of us slept all night.

Needless to say, due to the attitude of the staff, we won't be staying here again. If you want a good (restful) night sleep, I would choose someplace else to stay.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Schelinski
LLMiddletown, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Middletown, responded to this review, 27 December 2011
Hello! Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I want to sincerely apologize for what occured during your stay and when you checked out. It is not a practice of ours to treat guests in such a manor and I have spoken to the parties involved to ensure it does not happen again. We work hard to make sure you get a great experience at an affordable price and this time we failed. I want to thank you again for bringing this experience to our attention and we do hope to see you again in the future.
New England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2011

Selected this motel based on cost ($30-40 less than other chain motels at the same location) and other reviews. We'd never stayed at a Microtel before, but were pleasantly surprised by the amenities, very comfortable bed, and TV channels. The complimentary breakfast is the usual array of carbs, plus coffee juice, fruit, yogurt. The only problems we encountered were some noise from a bar/restaurant across the parking lot, and finding the hotel based on the directions online. We were heading east on rte I-84, and took the wrong rte 17 exit. The hotel could improve the directions by listing the actual exit number from 84. As to the noisy music, a room on the back side of the inn would probably be quieter.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on the property and your stay here. We are currently in the process of having signage updated and that should be complete soon. We're glad your stay went well and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future!
Hatfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

We stayed in a suite with a kitchenette and dining table. Also had a desk, love seat, and coffee table. No lamps, which was great. Tons of overhead lighting. Nice and bright. They are not afraid for you to see into the corners because it is spotless. Lots of room.

Great use of space...lots of storage space. And the most water pressure in the shower I have ever experienced.

Pet friendly! Only $20 to take your dog with you.

This was our first stay at a Microtel, but we will put them at the top of our list and seek them out in the future.

• Stayed November 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate your kind words and look forward to seeing you again in the future! We are expecting new lobby furnishings and carpet right after the new year and are always working hard to make sure the property is in top notch condition!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
0.2 km away
6.0 km away
Comfort Inn &; Suites Goshen / Middletown
12.0 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chester - Monroe - Goshen

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Middletown? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK