“good hotel”

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Middletown
A TripAdvisor Member
“good hotel”
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Found everything to be satisfactory, central, but also private,good car parking facilities.Made a mistake by booking a double with third person if required to stay on a made up bed. I was charged for 3 persons ( my mistake but was not very clear) should have only paid for a double and discussed with hotel itself about third person if required Not a moden hotel, but more old style, a feeling of friendliness surrounding it.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 December 2011

My husband and I stayed here with our two children for one night.
The hotel is very clean. I typically won't let the kids touch anything in other hotels, but this one was rather pleasant.

The problem though is that the walls are paper thin. I could hear the TV on both sides of us and anytime someone walked by the room during the night, my little guy (and I) would wake up. It really wasn't anything the hotel could handle because it was just intermittent noises while people were settling in (even the ones coming in at 4:00am). I did note to the woman at the desk in the morning that we wouldn't be returning due to the noise. She laughed at me! For some reason she found it funny that none of us slept all night.

Needless to say, due to the attitude of the staff, we won't be staying here again. If you want a good (restful) night sleep, I would choose someplace else to stay.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Schelinski
LLMiddletown, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Middletown, responded to this review, 27 December 2011
Hello! Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I want to sincerely apologize for what occured during your stay and when you checked out. It is not a practice of ours to treat guests in such a manor and I have spoken to the parties involved to ensure it does not happen again. We work hard to make sure you get a great experience at an affordable price and this time we failed. I want to thank you again for bringing this experience to our attention and we do hope to see you again in the future.
New England
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Selected this motel based on cost ($30-40 less than other chain motels at the same location) and other reviews. We'd never stayed at a Microtel before, but were pleasantly surprised by the amenities, very comfortable bed, and TV channels. The complimentary breakfast is the usual array of carbs, plus coffee juice, fruit, yogurt. The only problems we encountered were some noise from a bar/restaurant across the parking lot, and finding the hotel based on the directions online. We were heading east on rte I-84, and took the wrong rte 17 exit. The hotel could improve the directions by listing the actual exit number from 84. As to the noisy music, a room on the back side of the inn would probably be quieter.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on the property and your stay here. We are currently in the process of having signage updated and that should be complete soon. We're glad your stay went well and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future!
Hatfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 November 2011

We stayed in a suite with a kitchenette and dining table. Also had a desk, love seat, and coffee table. No lamps, which was great. Tons of overhead lighting. Nice and bright. They are not afraid for you to see into the corners because it is spotless. Lots of room.

Great use of space...lots of storage space. And the most water pressure in the shower I have ever experienced.

Pet friendly! Only $20 to take your dog with you.

This was our first stay at a Microtel, but we will put them at the top of our list and seek them out in the future.

• Stayed November 2011
We appreciate your kind words and look forward to seeing you again in the future! We are expecting new lobby furnishings and carpet right after the new year and are always working hard to make sure the property is in top notch condition!
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We stayed unexpectedly due to the recent snow storm after the Army game. We got the last 2 rooms,(6 of us), Well, what a great place. My first at a Microtel, certainly won't be my last.
From the time I checked in to the time I left, the staff was terrific, especially Ruben. He made my life a lot easier that night, they even provided ice scrapers to the guests. I NEVER saw this before. and it is yours to keep. I can't tell you how nice they were.
The beds were amazing. rooms are nice size, bathrooms as well. Spotless. Great location.
Not to mention, great rates as well.

*****the Blue Martini closed early that night due to the severe road conditions, but friends of ours that were staying at the Marriott behind us, complained about the noise level from the place as well, so fortunately we missed it.(they heard the noise the night before).
You can't take that issue out on the people at Microtel, it is NOT their fault. Obviously it is an issue and they will resolve it.

The continental breakfast was one of the better I have had I must note. WHAT a selection.
Internet service in the business area in the lobby for guests with printer.

I had an EXCELLENT first stay at this property. I certainly plan on staying here again.
Thank you for a great stay!

Close to many restaurants.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
We are thrilled to hear your stay was great and look forward to having you stay with us again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
0.4 km away
0.0 km away
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#5 of 9 in Middletown

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Middletown? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK