“Consistently Good”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 November 2017

I have been here numerous times over the years. Last night was a farewell party of about 43 people. Because we had that many people we had the back dining room area which is set up buffet style. There was a woman who managed the room of dirty plates and keeping the food flowing. There are many options to choose for the buffet etc. My favorite was the eggplant parmesan, although it was swimming in marinara sauce and could use added cheese inside and out. The chicken marsala was tender and had lots of gravy and large mushrooms which is a plus, but weak on the marsala flavor. I did notice that everyone's plate was empty so that tells me all the food was very good! (peen all vodka, salads, etc.)We did not have someone to take drink orders and went to go to the bar which was right outside the dining area as were the bathrooms. Very convenient. The bar area is large and there were quite a few people eating at the bar. The front dining room is large and nice.

1  Thank Lisa E

Reviewed 10 November 2017

I must have eaten here 20 times with family and friends. From family gatherings, graduation's to a romantic dinner. The Olde Erie has never disappointed me nor the company I am dinning with.

1  Thank Momheg
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

Went for another visit friends while visiting in New York. As usual the food was amazing and the portion size enormous. I am always looking for an excuse to visit Middletown and our friends knowing we will eat at least once in the Olde Erie while we are there. After awhile it gets difficult to find new words to describe this restaurant. It has consistently exceeded our expectations by every marker of success. All I can say is if you are in the area visit and enjoy, but get there early on Friday or Saturday. They are not open Sunday and Monday.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

The food is excellent. The service is great, very personable,and attentive. The portions are good!! I can always ask for a to-go box, so I can have lunch the next day. I love this restaurant, I try and go there four times a month. I highly recommend , The Old Erie!!!!!

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Very large portions! You will need a 'doggy bag' and will have enough for another meal! Great private party room for larger events (50 people). Main dining room can be a little noisy.