“Great service, broad selection of choices”
Review of Colonial Diner

Colonial Diner
Ranked #17 of 196 Restaurants in Middletown
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

We ate dinner here while traveling on I 84 to Maine. The service was friendly, fast and efficient. The servings were huge and the salads were great. Unfortunately we both ordered fried fish platters, and they had far too much breading on them. The pie a la mode came with three scoops of ice cream! Should have tried more traditional diner items.

Reviewed 16 July 2018

Went today with 6 others. We all hated our meals. I had prime rib. Requested medium rare. Came well done. Chicken noodle soup tasted like my Jr. High lunch. Wife had Greek salad. Again, truly bad. Brother said his fish tasted like it was "resurrected". Positive is that staff is great, but please pass. One of 5 worst meals we ever had.

Reviewed 7 April 2018

The waitress was fantastic, but food was terrible. I ordered the seafood platter, & I have had it before. The shrimp & scallops were like rubber. Fish was tasteless. My husband had the hot open turkey sandwich. The turkey was very bland, served with brown gravy, not poultry gravy. My daughter had some lemon, butter chicken dish. It was unusual. It had brown gravy with no taste. We won't be going back.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

Great waitress, average diner food. Not gourmet, but hey... It's a diner and salmon on Meditteranean salad was decent.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Loved this unexpected find. Extensive menu including liver & onions, liverwurst, and sardines, bread pudding and tapioca--in addition to more "modern" foods. Portions were huge and prices were very low in proportion. Waitress (Betty) was enthusiastic and upbeat.
Great bargain. Will come back again when we pass through the area.