Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Very clean, very friendly, excellent service. For the price, it is a nice place. Newly renovated, but the beds can be better.
Very convenient, close to the Carousel Center.

Not sure about the other reviews, but our room was super clean.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport

Reviewed 4 August 2012

First off we booked a king room, when we arrived we were told by the desk staff "Oh I haven't had a chance to input the reservation yet". So we were put in a single queen room, I paid for a king and didn't even get a double queen. We went to the mall and were told by a few people to check out the restaurant, when we arrived back at the hotel we couldn't even get past the drive way! The band was playing and we couldn't park and it took forever to get through the crowd. And on top of that people were drinking and staggering around the vehicles, it was unbelievable. The walls stopped vibrating from the band playing at midnight. We were told the band would stop at 11:00 pm, and were ok with that it seemed reasonable. But the noise went until midnight we were are very unhappy with this experience and will be taking our business somewhere else, as well as recommending our friends do the same. Didn't eat in the restaurant due to all the noise, which was unfortunate it could have been the saving grace for this place. Oh the room was clean so I guess it wasn't a total bust.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Bigmatteddy
Geralyn S, General Manager at Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2012

Thank you so much for expressing your concerns about The Maplewood Inn & Suites.  Our management and ownership group sincerely are working hard to address your comments.  Specifically, since your review, we have implemented an 11 pm curfew for the live music that our on-site restaurant hosts, and have positioned them inside the restaurant, instead of on the patio, where the overflow can sometimes run into the parking area.   Our intention is provide the best experience for our guests, and we do understand your concern on this issue.
We truly value our guests, their comments, and to ensure a 100% satisfaction before you leave us, that this is the least we can do. We sincerely apologize for your dissatisfaction during your last say, please try us again in the future, you will not be disappointed.

The Maplewood Inn & Suites-General Manager
High Peaks Hospitality, LLC- Sales Director, Heidi Hackett

Reviewed 3 August 2012

This hotel is both overpriced for the area and overpriced for the accommodations. Across the street from this hotel is a national chain that is both clean and comfortable. This hotel is neither. When arriving in the parking lot where parking was very limited I passed the restaurant area where a band was playing and people were just hanging around the area blocking the parking area. The hotel doesn’t do anything about that apparently because when I left to get something to eat the crowd was even larger when I got back and I had to sit there in my car hoping people would see me and move ~ which took a while.

The check-in staff was both friendly and helpful. When I first went into my room I couldn’t believe it. The room looked like it hadn’t been updated since it was built. But to give credit where due it was in fact clean. However I discovered upon setting my things down that the band playing at the restaurant was right below my window! When I went out to get dinner (which I would have stayed in for except for the band) I asked at the front desk how long they were playing and they indicated 11:00 PM. Well, I thought I can stand it for a few hours anyway. However when I got back to my room I discovered I couldn’t deal and went back to the front desk to request another room and they readily accommodated me.

My new room looked like it had been remodeled and in much better shape. I’m kicking myself that I didn’t take photos to share to show the difference. While I didn’t love the accommodations it was a comfortable bed, the new room was quiet and the linens looked freshly washed, which I appreciate. My favorite part of the stay was that they had Bath & Body Works shampoos and soaps.

I think the hotel is really charging for all the amenities they have which I did not use since I got there so late and was leaving early. They have an 11:00 check out time but gave me noon and I really needed it as I had a wedding at 3:00 PM and had nowhere to go until then. I would have loved it later but the hotel was full so I was lucky to get even an hour past.

Overall I wouldn’t stay there again. I just thought it was too grungy for my tastes. I can’t comment on the restaurant since I didn’t eat there but there is a very nice mall close by.

Room Tip: Away from the restaurant and the band
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank NaomiBTravelin

The management team at The Maplewood Inn & Suites is grateful for your online review, so thank you for sharing. Anything less than a 100% Guest Satisfaction is a failure to us. To help explain our pricing structure, there are many ways we set rates and track rates based on the comparable hotels in the same market, as well as adjust due to occupancy levels. This is a brief explanation; however, I hope it offers some answers to your price concern. I am also happy to share with you, regarding your noise level concern over the band playing at our on-site restaurant; we have implemented an 11pm curfew on the live music. We have also positioned the live music inside the restaurant, instead of on the patio, where the overflow can sometimes run into the parking area.   We sincerely apologize for the issue, and our management and ownership group take your review seriously, enough to make necessary changes to ensure our guests 100% satisfaction!
I am also very delighted you liked the Bath & Body Works amenities! Please do us a favor, and join us again in the near future, it would be our pleasure to have you back.

The Maplewood Inn & Suites-General Manager, Todd Bucko
High Peaks Hospitality, LLC- Sales Director, Heidi Hackett

Reviewed 1 August 2012

We were in NY for the 16-18 year old Babe Ruth Mid-Atlantic Regional Baseball Tournament. The entire team along with other teams from other states stayed at the hotel. Rooms were very nice and clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. The hotel staff was exceptional and was very accomodating with our room reservations due to our ever changing game schedule. Hope to get back to the regional tournament again, and would definitiely pick this hotel to stay in. Very nice hotel for the price.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Geralyn S, Front Office Manager at Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2012

The team of Maplewood Inn & Suites would like to thank you for taking time writing us a review, and we are so glad to hear that you and the rest of team enjoy your stay with us.

Looking forward of welcoming the whole team back at the Maplewood Inn & Suites soon.

Geralyn VJ Strail

Reviewed 22 July 2012

Booked this room for two nights on Expedia.com only to learn that the hotel could only accomodate us with our dog for one night. After a two hour phone call to Expedia in which they could not locatate another pet friendly hotel with a vacancy within 30 miles, Brian, at the front desk, spoke with the hotel manager and worked something out for us. We would definitely stay at this hotel, again, just for the customer service it offered.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Geralyn S, Front Office Manager at Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

As always every comment and review we received gives us an opportunity for us to better our service, but good words and great review makes as work more harder to continue to give only the best service to our guests. Rest assured that will acknowledge the great customer service Brian have showed you.

We hope to welcome you back soon at the Maplewood Inn & Suites.

Geralyn VJ Strail

Also consider these accommodations in or near Liverpool
0.9 km away
1.8 km away
Knights Inn Syracuse/Liverpool
7.7 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690

Been to Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK