“Underappreciated Restaurant ”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

I don’t know why, if it is because of it’s location, or because we have so many other great Pizza and Italian Restaurant options, but I tend to overlook this place. They have a great offering: a Pizza Parlor on one side of the building, and a small Restaurant/Bar located on the other. There is a nice little outdoor seating area surrounded by flowers and hanging baskets. My wife and I were in a hurry later in the day on a Sunday, so we headed to the Pizza Parlor. They offer several Pizzas by the slice in the front case, and you can also order whole Pizzas. You go up to the counter and order, then they bring the Pizza to your table. It was reasonably fast. We had a Tomato Pie, a Margherita, and a Pepperoni slice. Their sauce is especially tasty, and they were just the right temperature. 3 slices and 2 drinks with tip came to $14.50.

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

I had heard of this restaurant for years and never made it out that way. I wish I had. With its tasty Italian cuisine and quaint atmosphere, I feel as if maybe I had been missing something all these years. I was fortunate enough to come to this establishment on a Tuesday where the crowds were not overwhelming. We had time to peruse the menu and really take our time to choose. My friend chose the burger of the week option which he raved about. I chose the chicken riggies that were absolutely scrumptious. It was a perfect mixture of sauce versus noodles. A little kick but nothing too spicy. I feel as if this place could have a lot of night life potential on a day more accustomed to activity (say a weekend evening) but I am thankful I got to experience this place without all the hustle and bustle. I was able to sit back and relax and not feel rushed. This is a definite stop for me again some day.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Had a family diner on a Monday night.
Food was excellent. I had Chicken Marsala and my wife had Stuffed Shells. Salads were very good as well. Waitress was fine but had a long wait in between courses.

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

That’s it. I have had it with Avicollis. Ordered a simple cheese pizza and 12 wings for pick up. I was told on the phone it would be ready in 45 minutes. When I arrived, I promptly paid and expected to receive my food. It was only then that The cashier informed that it would take “ a little while longer.” 40 minutes later, my order was ready. And I wasn’t the only customer with this experience this evening. There were at least seven (7) other customers waiting with a similar situation.

Now, this is surely a “first world” problem, and I’m a very patient person, but this has happened now several times. I’ve been an Avicollis customer for more than 10 years and have put up with lowering quality and service long enough. There are plenty of other options in the area. So, I’m done with Avicollis.

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

This place has the best authentic pizza in Liverpool. The crust is just right and the sauce and toppings are spot on. It is a good old fashioned pizzeria with many different ready to go slices to your own custom pie.
If you're looking for fine dining, just go through the other door and you are in a full on Italian restaurant with the usual delacies.