All reviews hot tub room was clean waffles destiny usa nice hotel queen suite off the beaten path stay there again first floor free breakfast off the highway stayed one night pleasant stay sitting area cookies indoor pool the breakfast area
Reviewed 28 September 2018

This hotel is always clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful! I love the continental breakfast and the hot tub! The room was very comfortable the hotel was quiet and easy to manuever around. Great location near the thruway and Rt. 81

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
General M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Liverpool-Syracuse Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Dear Ms. Catherine K.,
Thank you for your valued feedback! It is very nice to hear that you enjoyed the room and our breakfast. Our staff strives to ensure that they provide a positive and inviting atmosphere for a home away from home experience. We look forward to see you again!

Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went to Syracuse area to visit our granddaughter on her birthday. Front desk staff (Nicole) was knowledgeable and fast. Very nice stay!! Room and bathroom were very clean, breakfast was replenished quickly, pool was clean and warm. Towels were plentiful.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
General M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Liverpool-Syracuse Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Dear Ms. Meswede,
Thank you so much for a great review on our hotel. I am so happy to read that we exceeded your expectations, especially Nicole. Hope to see you soon in near future.

Reviewed 25 September 2018

Very decent size rooms, recently upgraded and conveniently located off the highway. The service and hotel staff were very friendly. Room was very clean. Would recommend for the price to use as an overnight destination or pitstop to recharge prior to reaching your destination.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Saumya G,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Best Western Plus in Liverpool New York. Thank you for the kind words about the staff as they work very hard. I hope to see you soon in near future.

Reviewed 21 September 2018

I booked this Best Western upon reading all the positive reviews beforehand. It had all the checkmarks I always look for as a mom with young kids: clean, in-room fridge, friendly staff, the 3 inclusives (wifi, breakfast, parking), and above all, the highlight of an indoor swimming pool! Also, the location was ideal. It offered an easy commute to the family attraction of WonderWorks at Destiny USA.

Upon hotel entrance, we were greeted warmly by Nicole, who handed me a package I’d sent to the hotel, addressed in my name. I’d previously communicated with the staff concerning this parcel, via Micheala (spelling?), and had all preparations approved. During our stay, I also met TT (spelling?), another front desk personnel, and all three ladies—Nicole, Micheala, and TT—proved friendly and professional. Nicole even ensured me that we would have gluten-free bread for breakfast, the next morning. And, she came through! The next morning, Gale, the breakfast attendant, graciously served up that bread, prepared by slices, upon on a plate personally handed to us.

So, all the hotel personnel whom we encountered were accommodating and approachable.

The trouble began, however, as we entered Room 206. Indeed, it was a sunny, comfortable-looking room. But, immediately, the air felt humid, and the carpet, damp. When I lay my hand on the coffee pot counter, I happened to touch some crumbs and picked up a sunflower seed, too. So, I proceeded to wet a wad of toilet paper in order to give the whole countertop, including backsplash, a simple wipe. To my shock, the toilet paper came up black when I finished. I don’t know when it was last dusted. I went on to inspect the dust in the rest of the room and found the tops of the headboards to be covered thick with dust, and the insides of drawers to hold visible lint. I thought these inspections were routine for hotel housekeeping. We’d just arrived from Best Western Plus Victor Inn & Suites, where I’d gone through our room in the same way without finding any misses, like this. I’m allergic to dust. I have to be careful. Holding onto the wad of blackened toilet paper in my hand, I headed towards the door to go downstairs. I wanted to show it to Nicole. I didn't want her to think I made it up. On my way out, my 10-year-old complained, “Mommy, this washroom door doesn’t close. And, it’s hot in here.” She was right. The floor transition strip beneath the washroom door juts up, too high for the door to close. And, when inside the washroom, the air doesn’t circulate. The ceiling fan turns on, but it sounds so muted, it might be malfunctioning. As a result, the washroom gets very warm quickly and stays stuffy inside. Add to that the already existing humidity in the room at large, and our wet towels remained soggy throughout our stay. Later, when we used the shower, we also had trouble turning off the tap because the dial doesn’t work properly. At worst, my kids called me to help them rotate it three times in the same direction before it finally shut. Strange!

When I reached the Nicole at the front desk with the blackened toilet paper, she acknowledged and apologized for the situation and offered us another room, if I so wished. But, by then, it became a toss-up between inconveniences: to repack and move or to do a quick clean, myself. Besides, given what I’d already encountered within minutes of entering our room, I wondered if we might end up with another room full of its own problems even if we switched. So, I thanked Nicole and asked her to please let housekeeping know of our experience, which she promised to do. As I headed back towards the elevator, my kids and husband were already on their way to the pool so I met up with them in the swimming area. Immediately, my 8-year-old complained, “Eew! This is the dirtiest pool I’ve ever seen! Look! There’s hair floating around and big pieces of stuff settled at the bottom.” I looked at my husband, who chimed in to comfort our kids, “No. It’s probably just chipped paint. That doesn’t mean it’s dirty.” Then, he inspected the pool closer and commented, “Actually, the water IS very cloudy.” The moment we entered the enclosed room, I thought I smelled something unpleasantly pungent, too, hinting of unhealthy bacteria. The water also looked a dirty green. Remember, we’d just been to another upstate New York Best Western pool, which didn’t smell or look like this one. It was clean. Our kids then went into the water and quickly came out, feeling uncomfortable to return in. “It’s not pieces of peeled paint, Daddy. It’s chewing gum. And, some other stuff. I don’t know what it is, but did you see the filters on the sides of the pool? You know? Where the bubbles usually flow out of? Take a look. They’re all black! You can see it!” At that, we all looked. “They don’t seem to be working,” my husband concluded. “I’m guessing this water’s been stagnant for a while. I’ll talk to the front desk later...Let’s just use the hot tub.” So, the rest of my family used the hot tub while I proceeded back to the room with the blackened toilet paper in hand and a phone call in mind.

We had booked through Priceline so when I returned to the room, I picked up the phone to call it, but upon lifting the receiver, I noticed a line of grease and dirt all along the inside of the receiver cradle. Disgusted, I immediately wiped the whole phone clean. Worse yet, when I got connected with Priceline, the person on the other end couldn’t hear me consistently because the phone line kept cutting off. Could the wiring on the phone be breaking down, too? Eventually, Priceline told me that it couldn’t do anything since our family had already checked into the hotel and our bill had been fully paid.

I ended the call, unsure of what next to do. Shortly afterwards, my family returned from the pool, and my husband told me that upon reporting the dirty pool to the front desk, Nicole told him that a maintenance person would arrive by morning to attend to it. That night, our family went to bed, hoping for the best. Unfortunately, the next morning, I awoke uncomfortably to the bed sheet having come off the mattress because the elastic band at one corner was broken. I later asked one of the housekeepers to change it. She did so kindly, acknowledging the need for a replacement.

After breakfast, our family headed to WonderWorks. When we returned in the afternoon, we checked the pool immediately. Of course, our kids wanted to swim! They’d waited since the evening before. Our 8-year-old dashed to the pool and exclaimed, “The same pieces of gum are still in the same spot!” But, the front desk told me that the maintenance man had come!

Our family stood outside of the pool area to discuss what to do next when Abdul, the general manager, approached us and assured us that the pool had indeed been looked after that morning. My husband objected, vehemently. Abdul then suggested that we all take a look at the pool together. When Abdul, himself, ended up fishing for the pieces of gum with the long-handled pool net, at the same time that my 8-year-old picked out pieces of hair from the pool’s surface, plus we all noted together the obvious film of dirt floating about the surface of the greenish water under direct sunlight, Abdul apologized. He really couldn’t deny the problem. In fact, he admitted to being embarrassed and thanked us for bringing to his attention all the problems we encountered so that he could work on making improvements in the hotel. Then, he compensated us financially for such an uncomfortable stay.

I am puzzled at the many positive, recent reviews of this hotel. I am puzzled at the permissible condition of the pool by hotel maintenance. And, I am puzzled at the multiple inconveniences our family encountered during one brief stay, here. Indeed, the personnel may be pleasant, but the facilities clearly aren’t. If you’re reading this, and you’ve got a family with kids in tow, especially little ones looking forward to an indoor pool, I hope this review saves you the disappointment, time, and frustration that definitely put a dent in our vacation.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank gracenotes4u
General M, Manager at Best Western Plus Liverpool-Syracuse Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2018

Dear guest,
Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. You willingness to share your thoughts is appreciated.
At Best Western Plus we are committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. I sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. While an apology or the two day compensation will regrettably not alter the outcome of your experience on this occasion, I do extend it with all sincerity.
All the issues and concerns you had have been addressed with maintenance and the housekeeping management team.
Concerning you being so puzzled by all the positive reviews, this was not a normal situation for us. I am blessed with a great staff and they do work very hard to do their best. We do take great pride in our guest satisfaction and these mistakes are not in line with our philosophy.

Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

This hotel is very clean and comfortable. They offer a wonderful free breakfast and Gale does an excellent job of preparation and accommodating everyone in the breakfast area. GM Abdul is absolutely fantastic and Nicole and Michaela at the front desk are very friendly and professional. There is also a nice pool and hot tub. You will enjoy your stay here!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Abdul M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Liverpool-Syracuse Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Dear Rob K.,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. And thank you for the kind words about my staff. It was a pleasure to serve you and your family and we hope to serve you again soon.