“Not bad at all !”

Knights Inn Liberty
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Liberty
Reviewed 16 September 2011

I was pretty leery after reading all the negative reviews, so I called ahead and said so and that I wanted to make sure our room was clean. When we arrived we were treated very courteously, we were shown a room to make sure we found it acceptable, and shown 2 additional rooms. We chose the first as we liked the private back side with a little patio. It wasn't great, but it was clean and comfortable, certainly not worthy of all the negative reviews. Our only complaint was the ice machine was not working (I kind of thought it may have just been unplugged to conserve), but there was a gas station / mini mart across the parking lot and we just went over there and bought some. Still a lot cheaper than the extra $40-50 it would have cost at their nearby competitors.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank Jamaican-at-Heart

Reviewed 23 August 2011

First of all, there were two(what we hoped were) men's chest hairs in the bottom of the bathtub of our room. No fitted sheets for the bed-only top cover sheets tucked in. This was probably because the hotel was running low on linens due to their BED BUG infestation. We found an adult bed bgd right under the slip cover of my bed-inches from where I had been sitting seconds before. We scooped the bug into a baggy and went to the front desk for a refund and to get out of there. They tried arguing with us that it was their best room and that this particular room had never had bed bugs before. They even brought us back to the room and checked both beds in front of us and argued that since they could not find any more they would only refund us one of our nights. We had booked the room for 2 nights and been in the room less than 2 hrs before spotting the bed bug. After some more arguing among the staff, they finally refunded us in full. Do not stay at Howard Johnson in Liberty unless you'd like to get bitten by some BED BUGS.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank amber315
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I read the reviews before I booked this hotel, but as I was picking a child up from camp, I really had no other option but to book because other facilities were full. I thoroughly examined my room upon check in (something I'd never done before) and found no evidence of bugs of any kind. The room and bath were very clean. The property is old though and there are stains on the walls/carpets etc. But old is not the same thing as dirty.
My Thursday night stay was very pleasant. However, a church group was there on Friday and Saturday and that was when I discovered that the walls are VERY THIN! The group was loud and it was impossible to sleep. I phoned the office twice, but they did NOT send anyone up to my hallway. However, they may have called the rooms, I don't know. But the group did not get quiet. So sleep was impossible Friday or Saturday. If you go, take a fan for noise. I think that would have helped.

Room Tip: Ask to be placed far away from any groups.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank MMW30005
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Stayed to pick up my daughter from camp, needs a refurb, but it is what it is, the days inn next door is a better choice.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2011

I was in Liberty for one night for my job and picked this Hojo randomly from a google search. I didn't read any reviews on it until after I saw the room and experienced the horror. First thing, my co-worker and I had 2 separate rooms and we each had a bad impression as soon as we checked in. He walked into a mess of spider webs as soon as he got into his room. I smelled a musty moldy smell in my room and the wallpaper was literally peeling off the exterior wall (presumably from moisture). Then I started feeling bugs jumping on my legs. They could have been fleas or bed bugs although I didn't hang around long enough to find out. Bottom line: the place is not clean and health risks are abound here. Don't expect a refund from management either. They have been through this many times (people complaining and wanting out with their money) and know they can rip you off whether you stay the night or not. Go to the Days Inn instead. You can literally see it from the Hojo. Don't waste your time and money with these people.

• Stayed: July 2011