“good budget hotel”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Liberty
brooklyn
“good budget hotel”
Reviewed 5 July 2011

We rated the hotel slightly higher than it deserved because of the friendly staff that catered to all our needs. The room was clean but could use some TLC. The grounds are well taken care of and the pool and pool area is nice and clean. We didn't have breakfast as we got up too late however the breakfast area was nice and clean. Overall a good place to stay on a budget.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank joangreg76
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed 27 April 2011

The hotel was very convenient. Pizza Hut is next door as is Liberty Diner. Major fast food restaurants in walking distance. The family who runs the hotel are very friendly. Not everything was *perfect* but the owners definitely made everything right whenever we needed anything.
We had no noise issues - we were on the main hall on the first floor not far from the pool.
There were no signs of bedbugs in our room as mentioned in other reviews. I fully inspected the bed and headboards and I've seen infestations so I know what to look for. The beds were perfectly clean, we had no rash or bites at all.
My child slept wondefully in the provided crib.
The breakfast was toast your own bagels, individually wrapped cinnamon rolls, coffee, milk and juice. Two kinds of cereal. Standard fare. Nice breakfast area with a big TV and remote control.
The Wifi was fast and needed no password.
We arrived late and all of our wishes on our reservation had been noted and taken care of so we could get right to sleep (crib was ready, extra pillows).
I would stay there again. It is definitely a budget hotel, but it is by no means a dive.
The family who runs the hotel were very lovely and made us feel very at home.

Room Tip: Pre-pay and save.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Jennifer B
Chappaqua, New York
Reviewed 10 November 2010

I was getting a travel trailer camper deliverd up in Liberty NY. The delivery was pushed to next day. I went into town for a hotel/motel stay for the nite. I saw the old "HOJO" sign and fiquired "it is what it is". Id crash and spent the nite in a typical travelers hotel. Id have a clean room, professional staff, nice coffee and breakfast in am, I was actually looking foward to It. No stress , all is good ,I will get my camper squared away tommow !
WELL , was I sadly mistaken. Without all the specific particulars ( you can read about them on other reveiws -yes there true) , i would say this hotel is the root of all mans evil. No, really , they dont care abotu people or customers, they are not clean/health hazard issues here, They are taking your hard earned cash (American cash). Its really a con HOJOS sells "people "francises , these "people" burn american citizens and ship the cash to 3 rd world nation. Nobody is protecting us ? This hotels been doing this for YEARS ! Could I open a hotel , use a big name hotel chain , do practically nothing for my guests, violate just about every basic business and customer service code of conduct. false advertise and expose people to unwarrented health risks and stress. Its a mockery , while you or you wife is trying to get clean towels, of coffee...These folks are laughing in your face ! in fact actually tring to increase your suffering if you complain or want your money back . Its an SRO homeless shelter NOT a HOJO hotel. I booked in and (the people living in the lobby were like shocked ? ) then I left and didnt return ( I felt guily ) but having read the reviwes of people who actually made it to the room. I now feel like a champ , having avoided the bed buds . For Real ! Just say no to this societal nemisies.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank silman99
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 12 August 2010

We were not impressed with this motel. We got a very sour reception when we checked in (the it's just my job attitude), but things got more entertaining after that. Breakfast was advertised from 6:30am to 9:30am, so I imagined I would be able to get some coffee and pastries when I went to reception at about 7:15am. Not so. The counter top was completely bare, except for a blodge of margerine and a generous sprinking of stale crumbs. The Indian manager apologized and went off to get the service boy, while I helped myself to the stone cold coffee. The boy appeared, looking like he had just got out of bed (which he had), and I had to wait 20 minutes for the food to be set out. Later on the manager apologized to me again, and blamed the service boy for everything, but I reminded him that the buck stops with management. Surely he could have seen that breakfast had not been prepared and laid out (if he had chosen to check it out, that is). The funniest part was to hear him shouting at the poor maintenance guy in front of all of the motel guests. Fawlty Towers (old UK comedy show) has nothing on this place! Oh, and it was quite expensive too.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank OilRover
Middletown, New York
Reviewed 30 July 2010

walked in no one at front desk, phone ringing off the wall on one even attempted to answer it. waited about 15 mins finally man came out of ?? screamed at someone behind him to answer [---] phone. asked me what i wanted in a langauge i didnt fully understand. women came out of same place man did, started arguing and scream at each other at top ot lung in langauge i DIDNT understand but understood cursing. proceded to ignore me and finished fight. again asked me what i wanted i was tired at time so said " a room" checked me in showed me room, i turned around and walked right out. room smelled, carpet filthy and riped, bedding looked like it seen better days
and quick look in bathroom mold in tub and on floor around toliet.
if you have to stay here its defintely stay at your own risk. i left

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank tiredtraveler_10
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liberty
14.0 km away
Budget Inn Motel
#2 of 3 in Liberty
20.7 km away
Villa Roma Resort and Conference Center

Been to Knights Inn Liberty? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK