“Perhaps A Little Expensive”
Review of The Tailored Tea

The Tailored Tea
Ranked #1 of 7 Coffee & Tea in Latham
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2017

We had seen an ad for this business and as it is close to exit 6 off of I-87 decided to noon time tea it. It was indeed busy but was worth the short wait because the tea (hot & iced) was very good. The rest of the high tea meal consisted of sandwiches, scones and sweets that were all unique and very tasty. Although the high tea was a little expensive, one does not have to choose such an elaborate meal since the menu offers items not costing as much. My wife and I enjoyed this business and would go back again.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

Wonderful Tea! Delicious desserts. We enjoyed talking with Jared The owner operator and baker! Would highly recommend this to anyone in the area. Also worth the drive

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

Our nieces from Toronto like to go to tea houses, and The Tailored Tea lives up to its billing as having the only scones in America that are closest to an English scone. The restaurant in Latham is open six days a week (closed Tuesday) in a historically preserved building on Albany International Airport property. It is a re-imagined farmhouse, a remnant of what was once farmland, that offers breakfast, lunch and dinner, and high tea. We came just for tea and scones. Each vintage cup is served from a vintage teapot kept warm by a candle. Scones and cookies can be purchased and taken home too. The owner is the chef (and waiter on the quiet afternoon we were there.) This is a fun and popular place on weekends, and you don't want to be in a hurry.

1  Thank John B
Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

Went for lunch with my sisters. All agree we tried the place but will not return. The good: quaint farm house, pleasant staff. The bad: dirty silveware and cups. Some of it was tea stained, however, I was able to clean it with a napkin. The turkey on top of my salad was deli procces meat and so was the meat on my sisters sandwiches. We did not try the baked goods. They did look delicious though.

1  Thank Carebear592014
Reviewed 14 January 2017

My wife and a friend went for breakfast. Friend ordered a scone and it came burnt on the bottom and hard. She immediately sent it back. A few minutes later waitress came back and placed scone on table. It was the same one! Burnt bottom and all. They must have but it in microwave to soften it. This time she took it back to the kitchen and asked to not have it served to her again. Both had omelets my wife's was good but way to much garlic even though she loves garlic. We had lunch about a week before this visit and sandwiches were very good.

Been to The Tailored Tea? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK