“Druggie and dealer friendly but life partner not?”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Monte Mario Motel

Monte Mario Motel
Monte Mario Motel
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Latham
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Druggie and dealer friendly but life partner not?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

Recently a close friend of mine and his fiancee wanted a room but as soon as the clerk saw that they were same sex partners, she denied them and asked them to leave after he had already made the deposit. I believe this is kind of messed up. Is it illegal too? Anyway, the room was disgusting and their were stains all over the bed and sheets. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!! Even though they weren't allowed to stay there, she tried to keep the deposit but eventually refunded it after pressure of a lawsuit....

Room Tip: Do NOT stay here!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank immegasonic05
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
savannah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2010

Now under a russian ladies management I was called the N word and stated" you people are always expecting something"! I asked if the house keeper could open my room because I accidently locked them in the room. Then the manager continued with"if you want good service go to the hilton! I agreed and left!!!! I was staying there for the week @ 200.00 which i felt was resonable, after deciding to leave my weekly rate went from 200 to 65.00 a night! I stayed 2nights and she charged me $130.00 now how can your rates be 65.00 a night and the hilton is 79.00 a night!? I called the police and they stated she can treat me howeverd and charge me whatever after i decided not to stay for the week!! LATHEM FINEST!!!!!!! AVOID THIS PLACE EVEN IF YOUR STANDARDS ARE NOT HIGH!! The Best part of this visit was the SPANISH resturant where a family had a business and ran it well,, I was impressed with the food and service of these indiviuals after what they witnessed and obvious discrimination from the manager they packed up and CLOSED there resturant down IMMEDIATELY, it was the last straw, wow I couldnt believe there COURAGE!!! GOD BLESS THEM and their future i KNOW it will be profitable.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank asteph_10
Jay, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2008

This is not the first time I've stayed here, but it will certainly be the last. I began staying at this hotel about 4 or 5 years ago once or twice a year. It's always been no frills but now it's downright disgusting. I had to change rooms twice before I got one that smelled only vaguely like a wet basement as opposed to the ones before which smelled like mold. When we were all settled in I discovered that the faucet in the sink was covered in what looked like toothpaste and soapscum, and there was a huge clump of hair in the tub, the lamp shade on the nightstand had yellow spots all over the inside and the place has not been dusted in a long while. Any thought of asking to be moved again was out of the question since the desk clerk threatened to ask us to leave if we kept being difficult. We stayed two nights and received no maid service, we had to go to the front desk for towels and a key to the ice machine which is apparently kept locked to avoid people stealing ice. There is so much more I could get into but I think this review will give you a basic idea of how bad this place has become.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Lack of cleanliness
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank lisa4761
Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2008

When the desk clerk tells you not to stay there, take his advice. We went to La Quinta in Latham instead. Dirty, yuck.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — didn't even check in
Stayed June 2008
3 Thank cootmom
istanbul
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2008

my stay in monte mario motel was really a nice one. I stayed there for about two weeks and the price was reasonable in compariosn with other motels nearby.
room service was also very good.
The man on the front desk vas very nice and helpful.
If I went there again, I would definetely stay there.

Stayed June 2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Latham
0.3 km away
Latham Inn
#11 of 17 in Latham
1.9 km away
Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport

Been to Monte Mario Motel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK