All reviewssalt water poolannual triphotel openedalmond milktarget within walking distanceshort or long term stayplenty of parkingfully equipped kitchensofa bedfront desk staffroom was nice and cleanrestaurants and shoppinggreat hotelfree breakfastlaundry roomlobby areabreakfast items
Reviewed 14 February 2017

First time staying at this Marriott chain. Hotel is less than a year old, and is clean, modern, with a bit of contemporary feel / decor. Stayed one night during drive back to the Midwest from Maine. Coming in from the east (Vermont) my vehicle navigation went astray, at night and during a heavy rainstorm, so was confused as to the location. In the morning i realized hotel is actually close to interstate access, and close to restaurants and stores.

Room: Generous sized room. The kitchenette facilities were along the left wall of the room "hallway" as you enter the room.Comfortable bed and pillows. Room is called a suite, but it is not a separate bedroom from living area arrangement.

Had a bout of flu, so did not try the free breakfast.

Service: Pleasant staff during check-in / check-out.

Overall, seemed like a good value for the price paid in this Albany area location.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
TPS-Holly, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Latham Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2017

Hello Joe G,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent brief stay at our hotel. We are sorry to hear that your car was giving you troubles and on top of it not feeling well while having to be out on the road traveling. We are delighted that you choose to stay with our hotel and for allowing us the opportunity to host you as our guest while in house. Next time you are in town maybe you can check out or stay in one of our other suite types as at our hotel we offer 4 different suite offerings. My team and I hope to have the opportunity to host you again as our guest with any future overnight needs that you might have again in Latham NY.
We wish you continued safe travels and all the best,

Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

This is conveniently located near several good restaurant, all within walking distance. The rooms are clean, updated and spacious which offer the comforts of a small apartment. The beds were very comfortable and all the appliances and bathroom fixtures looked new. Highly recommend!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
TPS-Holly, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Latham Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2017

Greetings Travel-in-excess58,
Our entire team would like to thank you for taking time to share some feedback from your recent stay at our hotel. As you have mentioned our hotel location is perfectly located within shops, restaurants as well to all main highways in our area. Our hotel just opened in May of 2016 and we are delighted you found our location while traveling to our area. It is our mission to ensure that each one of our guest have a enjoyable stay such as you did and we look forward to seeing you with your returned trips.
We wish you safe travels with your continued travels while out on the road.
All the Best,

Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

I have stayed here twice with family. It is reasonably priced, clean and nicely decorated. Very convenient to restaurants. Several good ones within walking distance. Definitely plan on staying here again.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family

Hello Rylee14,
Greetings from the TownePlace Suites team. I would like to personally thank you for taking time to share some feedback in regards to your recent returned trip to our property. I hope you have been able to try a few different restaurants during each visit that are located near our hotel as there are some really great choices to choose from. As a regular traveler such as yourself our entire team truly takes great pride to ensure that each one of our guest have a enjoyable stay from start to finish as we know a challenge free stay is key while traveling.
We look forward to your returned visits back to our hotel and wish you safe travels.
All the best,

Reviewed 4 January 2017

The only issue was the quality of the breakfast, not as good as what you get at most Residence Inns. The rooms are nicely designed with nice TVs that hang on the wall and are adjustable. They even give you a channel guide and there is a guide that you use to change the channels, and easy-to-use remote.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
TPS-Holly, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Latham Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2017

Hello Robficken1,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share some feedback from your recent stay! We are delighted that you found our new location here in Latham NY. The TV features of the design of the remote as well as the feature to be able to not miss out on your shows by streaming through Netflix and You Tube are a common amenity that several of our guest enjoy. We are though saddened to see that you did not find our TownePlace Suites brand breakfast offerings to be as delightful and apologize as we know this is key to starting your day off right. We appreciate you sharing this feedback and we will be sure to review with our brand support team.
We look forward to hosting you with your returned trips back to the Latham NY area.
All the Best,

Reviewed 12 December 2016

First of all let me say that this hotel location is ideal. It is located within walking distance to several fast-food (Subway, Denny's, Sonic, Chipotle) or casual (Carrabba's, Ruby Tuesday) restaurants, a Target store and a gas station/convenience store. Across the highway, only a short 2 minute car ride away, you’ll find even more stores and services including Starbucks and Walmart. If you’re looking for an enclosed mall your about 10 minutes away from the region’s main shopping malls (Colonie Center and Crossgates).

It is brand new and every thing is thought for the 21st century traveller, I really liked the USB ports for charging electronic devices located in the light fixture above the bedside table, the room is huge and the ceilings are very high, plenty of storage which is expected as the hotel seems to cater more to the extended-stay crowd than to the leisure traveller. The free Internet access is easy to use and fast enough to watch streaming content or download files.

Breakfast is free but limited. Nowadays I find that most limited service hotels offering free breakfast are starting to offer some kind of hot protein along with the hotel breakfast staples that are waffles, toast and oatmeal. This is not the case here. On the day of my visit the only hot options available were waffles toast or oatmeal, no eggs or breakfast meats. You could however find some hard-boiled eggs along with some sliced cheddar and Swiss cheese as well as yogurt and fresh fruit as cold options.

This location is brand new and it shows as everything is tastefully decorated according to today’s trends. However, being a new hotel the staff is also new and I think that the service is the aspect that is lacking the most with this hotel. It is hard to get confident answers regarding the hotels policies from the front desk staff. I booked the ‘park here fly there’ rate on the Marriott website which includes parking for people flying out of Albany airport as well as round-trip transportation from the airport on their shuttle and the front desk employee who processed my check-in didn’t even tell me where I was supposed to leave my car for the week in their lot. I had to ask a different employee later in the day who gave me a rushed answer to which I wasn’t confident at all. When you leave your car somewhere you never stayed at before you don’t want to come back vacation to see it’s been towed away so I think it would be important for their employee to be trained to give all information and to convey those information to the guest in a way that makes the employee look like they are sure and confident about what they’re saying.

I also realized the some employees seem to like to hang around the lobby area a bit too much after their shifts which makes it look very unprofessional. I had a problem with their printer in the lobby and both front desk employees were having a personal conversation with a maintenance worker whose shift was over and I really felt like I was a big disturbance to them when I asked the for help with my problem.

By far, the worst experience I had with this stay is with the airport shuttle. If the service on the way back to the hotel would have been half as good as the excellent service we got on our way to the airport my review would have ended on a more positive note it is however not the case. After retrieving my checked bags I promptly called the hotel and requested to be picked up by their shuttle, the front desk agent had a hard time to understand that I was coming back to my car and I wasn’t checking-in which made me need to try and almost convince her to send the shuttle to pick me up. I then went outside and set out to wait for over 25 minutes in the shuttle pickup area to see all the other hotel shuttles picking up passengers after deciding to call again. The driver finally showed up 35-or-so minutes after my first call and didn’t even get out of the van to help us load our luggage or say he was sorry for the wait. When asked about why we had to wait 35 minutes for him to arrive he told me that he had just got the call. Once I arrived at the hotel just like when we were picked up at the airport the driver didn’t even move from it’s seat and we had to unload out bag without any help, he didn’t even unlock the doors of the van so I had to do it myself.

I hope the hotel takes this as an opportunity to train their staff better and hire more experienced employees as good service is a big part of what I am looking for when booking an hotel. I often don't mind paying a little more to stay at a hotel again if I had excellent service on a previous stay. But for now, the next time I travel to the Albany area to catch a flight and need to spend a night I will most likely try a different hotel.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Jean-Michel B
TPS-Holly, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Latham Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2016

Greetings Jmboily,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at the TownePlace Suites Latham NY. It was our entire team’s pleasure to host you as our guest and we thank you for choosing our location to stay at while in Latham.
I personally wanted to follow up and share that our entire team are truly sorry to hear about the shuttle service explanation provided to you by our staff and of the services and transportation issues we caused for your returned trip back to our hotel. We certainly understand that after being on a plane traveling when you arrive to your final destination that you want it to be stress free. Our goal for each and every guest that stays with us is to ensure that you have a stress free and challenge free stay as we know this is key while out on the road away from home. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you this is truly our goal.
I personally have taken the time to share your overall feedback with our entire hotel team and as you mention we truly took this as a training opportunity to review what corrective action steps could be put into place to ensure this is isolated issue.
We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back when your travels return you to the Latham NY. Please email or call me directly as I would love to personally speak with you to offer a apology for the challenges caused.
All the best,