“Great Goat!”
Review of The Yelling Goat

The Yelling Goat
Ranked #4 of 39 Restaurants in Lancaster
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is in my neighborhood. Great food, great beer selection, service is excellent. A little on the pricey side - I couldn't afford to become a barfly here for sure! However, we stop on regularly for drinks or a meal.
Weekends are very busy, reservations are the wise option.

Goat2667, Owner at The Yelling Goat, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2017

Thanks for the kind words. As I told the last reviewer, we try to keep our pricing as low as possible. Unfortunately the cost of raw goods continues to skyrocket. As for reservations, you hit the nail on the head. Weekends are wall to wall. We strongly suggest a reservation almost any day of the week. Thank you for your patronage and look forward to seeing you soon. Regards, Laurie.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Went on a Sat evening and were seated promptly. Large menu with many choices. Everyone thought the food was well prepared. Very large portions. Only complaint was room was very noisy and could use improved acoustics. The dining room is closed off from the bar area which does help some.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

A coworker and I stopped in for lunch a week or so back because we heard from a fellow coworker that this was a decent dinner spot, so why not try lunch?!

Service was slow to start, slow to order, slow to get your food and slow to get your bill/take home containers. If you only have an hour lunch break, this is NOT the place to go. We asked for take out containers and our bill once we were served because of the time.

We both ordered off the corned beef section of the menu, him a sandwich and I the hash. I was disappointed. It was overly greasy which didn't set well with me, and I did not eat the whole serving and did not end up taking any to go. I also felt greasy for the rest of the day. My coworker said the same about his sandwich.

So, like I said previously, we asked for our bill and take out containers when our meals came, because we thought we were going to have to pack our meals and head out. Well, we were able to eat what we wanted out of our meals in the time it took for the containers and bill to come. So no containers were needed. I signed the bill and left since it was my turn to treat.

Even though service was slow, it was very friendly and personable. And even if we didn't overly like our meals, I do feel that I, myself, would go back and try something else on the menu when I have more time to spend.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

Went with friends and was another great meal. Usually get the mushroom pizza but tried the shaved prime rib pizza and it was good too. Great homemade bread! Many beers on tap and enthusiastic waitstaff. Incredibly huge menu of more things than you can imagine. Something for everyone

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

We've been here several times, and the food is always great. However, this time was exceptional!
They've added chicken fried steak, and it was incredible, delicious, and over the top. I have a big appetite, and never have leftovers. This time, I brought half the steak home.
Tender steak, flavorful coating, REAL mashed potatoes, and perfectly cooked vegetables. But the best part, it was just as good reheated.
One of our favorites.