“Got more than the expected”

and 1 more site!
Bom Bom Principe Island
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Principe
Reviewed 18 August 2011

The place is wonderful with all its beautiful sceneries – perfect for a honeymoon tour (however we were not on honeymoon) but we felt that it must be an ideal for such reason. We got more than what we expected and yes, we mean it, we really got. Wanted to stay for a few more days but unfortunately it was not possible this time. Never mind, we will be going back again very soon.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Vanda339

Reviewed 5 July 2011

I stayed in Bom Bom last June 10 for 2 nights.It was my first visit to Principe and I very much enjoyed the pace, the forest, the green and the people of Principe but as far as the hotel I had a truly disapointment.
I must say that my expectations were high, maybe too high!
It seems a Boeing 747-400 without maintenance for some years but still flying.....The service was quite good, the food excelent thanks to the french couple who manages the resort, the beach superbe but.....the mercedes that did my transfer and the city tour,that by the way was quite expensive,was a car that needs to be repaired so old it is,the rooms confort was everything but a 5 star hotel,the bathrooms were old and too kish, and I could find several mosquitos in my room that had no mosquito protection on the bed,the towels were smelling wet all the time, and overall it needs urgents repairs.
We were the only clients on the resort and for the price a night we can have a week somewere else, not value for monney, and never, never a 5 star resort.
Concerning the activities all boats but one long tail were "parked" due to maintenance or for the fact of not having spares, the 4x4 motorcycles were out of order...basically you can swim on the beach....or the pool that 10 yeras ago I assume was excelent but for todays standards a mere pool.
The tours and fishing was too expensive.
Apart from this Principe is beautiful and it is a pitty it has no more quality hotels.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
12  Thank acrctps
Reviewed 6 May 2011

very nice place, poor local manangement for the quality of the resort, everstanding repair works of the pool, expecially beware of bookings through Africa's Eden, as we did so and turned out to pay much more than our friends who booked for the same period by other means. Beautiful sea (not many fishes for snorkelers) and natural surroundings. Good food and good indian chef. Very limited sport activities

Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
9  Thank antodg
Reviewed 20 January 2011

I went with my partner for a romantic little treat! The suite that we stayed in was absolutely divine and perfect for EVERYTHING THAT WE WANTED TO DO. The food was exquisite and I particularly liked all the lights in the evening. My partner and I would dance and dance, and it seemed like forever, but then we'd go back to our suite and...relax. I have rated the sleep quality poor not on the fault of the resort, but on myself, because I did too many things in one night, every night! This happened because there was just so much to do. The views really took my breath away.

My holiday was excellent and I have gotten much closer to my partner!!! :D

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
11  Thank LOLZ111
Reviewed 5 October 2009

Bom Bom Island Resort is located on the norther shore of Principe island. the accommodation offers a combination of a luxury and comfort. the surrounding is so calm and secluded, really a perfect place for getaway. it has 2 private beaches; 21 exclusive bungallows, which 8 of them are newly refurbished and 5 are still under construction. each of the bungalows is ensuited with bathroom, airconditioning, flat screen TV with satellite connection, safes, inroom tea/coffee station, mini bar fridge, fans and a private patio. the bungalow where i stayed had a view to the ocean. some of the bungalows have view to the beach and to the garden as well.

the staffs are also excellent! they are really helpful and friendly.

there is a restaurant, bar and marina which are all located on a small islet. the guests need to cross a wooden walkway to reach them. they serve international food in the restaurant, and the chef is really trying to please the guests' taste with a great food.

for the activities you can go diving / snorkeling (there is a dive center and jetty in Bom Bom Island), take some excursions such as whalewatching, deep-sea fishing, hiking through untouched primary forests and bird-watching expeditions.

it's worth every peny to stay in the resort. it's breathtaking and unforgettable.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo