1,329 results
All reviews view restaurant taste bistro terrace building colonial house mirror lake cookies cottage restaurant mountain view main building sitting area indoor pool bottle of champagne public areas wonderful weekend hot tub beautiful room private beach
Reviewed 12 January 2018

From the decor to the staff, it was an amazing four nights. We had not been to this Inn for about 10 years. Just no time to get up to lake placid. The Inn has just gotten better.
The room we stayed in was top notch. Beautiful view, wonderful bed and spacious.

We ate at all three restaurants on the premise, and we enjoyed all of them. The Cottage is our favorite as the cheese platter is excellent, and the Warm brussel sprout salad was fabulous. Shout out for a great job by Elaine, our waitress at the Cottage. Friendly, new when to bring out the food and was very attentive.

Room tip: order Warm Brussel Spout salad as a vegetable side dish in the Cottage. Room 841 had a great view
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ralphd60
MLI, Manager at Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Thank you for being our guest. We’re so happy that you were able to return after 10 years and feel that the Inn has only gotten better since your last visit. We’re glad that you enjoyed your guest room, dining in our three restaurants and service by our staff. We look forward to your next return.

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

Was there over New Years. The atmosphere is wonderful and warm. All of the staff are pleasant and helpful. The property well done, the rooms inviting and spacious. The restaurant can hold its own against anyone. Have the New Year’s Eve dinner, it is a treat. Overall a wonderful experience. Will be returning.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 95tomk

Thank you for being our guest. We’re delighted that you enjoyed your New Year’s celebration, dinner, the property and your guest room and service by our staff. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 11 January 2018

We stayed here at the end of August 2016. I was truly amazed at how traveling just a few hours in my home state, brought us to a place that we were in awe of. As my husband and I started getting closer to Lake Placid. we were so moved by the beauty of the majestic mountains. I think as we get older, we appreciate the beautiful landscape of our great country more and more. My husband had me snapping photos on the highway. Don’t worry, I was not the one driving.

We made our way through the shop lined streets of town to The Mirror Lake Inn. Family owned since the 1930’s, this resort has been owned and operated by Ed and Lisa Weibrecht since 1976. Their son Andrew’s Olympic medals hang behind the front desk.

The Inn overlooks Mirror Lake and every room has a lake view. There are always freshly baked chocolate chip cookies in the lobby along with coffee and tea.

The staff at the Mirror Lake Inn were so nice. The staff was there to assist us with anything we needed and were always around to greet us with a smile. We were so impressed with the warm welcome, luxurious accommodations and world-class dining we experienced during our stay.

Our room was comfortable with a nice sitting area overlooking the lake. Waiting in our room for us was a nice fruit, cheese and cookie plate and 4 Saratoga sparkling waters.

We had dinner at the Taste Bistro our first night and it was fabulous. The menu is full of comfort foods infused with French, German and Italian elements. We started with their signature Fried Brussels Sprouts served with fresh lemon and sea salt. Our boys had the Kilcoyne Farms Burger which is of a half-pound of local beef served on a house-made kaiser roll with house smoked bacon, caramelized sweet onion, lettuce, tomato and NY sharp cheddar cheese.

I had the marinated and Seared Tenderloin Beef Tips served with mashed potatoes, farm vegetables and balsamic onions. My husband had the Kilcoyne Farms Pot Roast made from pasture-raised local beef, caramelized root vegetables, and local potatoes. The atmosphere, food and service was astounding. The boys had Shirley Temples and my husband and I had fresh lemonade. We even shared some chocolate cheesecake with fresh berries for dessert.

The boys wanted to swim in the indoor pool so we made our way down to the pool inside them main Inn on the lower level. It was nice and warm and had a very large whirlpool tub and large pool with a waterfall and bridge feature. There were nice chairs and lounges around to relax on as well as loads of soft fluffy towels for drying off.

They were pretty exhausted after swimming and we made our way up to our room where they promptly fell asleep. In the morning we had the Adirondack Breakfast Buffet at The View restaurant and it was so good. A very nice assortment of eggs or omelets cooked to order, french toast, bacon, sausage, cereals, fruit, yogurt and so much more.

After breakfast we had to go to Plattsburgh to get a battery charger for my camera. I have never left a charger home and this was a first. I could have kicked myself but we had to make the drive since there was nothing available any closer. When we returned we went down to the lake and the boys swam and then collected rocks that we are going to put in a jar as a memento.

That evening, we had a dinner reservation at The View restaurant, a 17 time winner of the Wine Spectator’s Dining Guide Award.

We ordered appetizers, I had the Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail that consisted of wild caught white shrimp, Marie Rose sauce, fresh horseradish, chardonnay vinegar, gelée and mustard greens.

My husband had the Wheat & Greens Salad with Freekah green wheat, artisan greens, local fresh chevre and walnuts, shaved vegetables and raspberry-dijon vinaigrette. They were also doing tastings between courses.

One of our little guys had the Italian Boboli Crust Topped Pizza with house marinara, mozzarella, Parmesan cheese and topped with pepperoni. Our other little guy had the 7 oz. Black Angus Strip Steak char-grilled and served with french fries and bordelaise sauce.

My husband and I had the Prime Beef Filet grilled and finished with Maldon sea salt, potato pavé, baby vegetables, glazed cipollini onions, tarragon butter and pinot noir reduction. The filet was exceptional, my husband said it was the best he has every had and I have to agree.

We both had Cappuccino and Cheesecake for dessert and the kids had Ice Cream.
After dinner we all went swimming in the indoor pool.

We had the breakfast buffet in the morning again at The View and enjoyed it just as much! Afterward Seth Dow, an account manager for Mirror Lake Inn took me on an informative tour of the Inn and all the different rooms available for guests.

He was a very personable and knowledgeable, young man who provided me with a tremendous amount of information about the inn as well as the area. I was surprised to learn that the inn actually burnt nearly to the ground in the 1980’s and the only things that were saved were the murals that were cut out of the wall and the grandfather clock. You would never know though because it was rebuilt to look exactly as it originally had when it was first built.

The entire inn is full of wonder, from the stuffed bear and other animals that are situated around the library to the memorabilia, books, games and more that fill the shelves and tables. The lovely traditional Tea Time is at four o’clock and is served in the inn but can be enjoyed on the rocking chairs on the porch overlooking the lake or in one of the parlors or library.

We went down to the lake, swam and then took a family paddle boat ride. Mirror Lake is lovely, if you are not used to the temperature of lakes in New York State you might be shocked but even though it is colder in Lake Placid than on our lake the water was only a tad colder. I appreciated that as on the lake I live on, they do not allow gasoline powered watercraft. This makes the lakes so much cleaner and nicer to swim and play in. There is a sandy beach area for kids to play, lots of lounges, fluffy towels and paddle boats and kayaks you can take out.

The grounds of the inn are gorgeous with lush landscaping, beautiful flower gardens and great views. There have a huge, outdoor checkers set and plenty of relaxing Adirondack chairs to sit and take in the breathtaking views of the lake and mountains.

The charming town is foot steps away and filled with nice shops, restaurants and a movie theater. A very popular attraction is Whiteface Mountain. We had a blast and a great workout climbing to the top of Whiteface which is 4,867 feet above sea level. We took the elevator that is inside the mountain down. If you go to Lake Placid do not miss the opportunity to climb this spectacular mountain.

The Mirror Lake Inn in Lake Placid is a beautiful resort and destination any season of the year! If you love to ski, you will want to visit in the winter. The Olympic Ski Jumps need to be seen and they are training on them even in the summer. In the fall the turning of the leaves draws visitors as well. Anytime you go, you are bound to be as impressed as we were.

There is a spa downstairs for full pampering as well as a gift shop where I picked up a Mirror Lake mug to reflect on our time spent there whenever I enjoy my coffee or tea. Our days at The Mirror Lake Inn were truly a grand experience that we cannot wait to repeat very soon. Next time we want to go with all of our kids to make some great memories!

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank mommyramblings

Thank you for being our guest and wow! We’re very excited that you enjoyed your guest room and your entire experience here in August. We appreciate all your kind comments about the food and dining in our restaurants, enjoying the pools, private beach, non-motorized boating on Mirror Lake, The Spa and all of the grounds. We’re also glad that you enjoyed the area with its many activities. We hope that we will have the pleasure of your return.

Reviewed 11 January 2018

I recently stayed at the Mirror Lake Inn on New Year's Eve. My experience overall was truly amazing, just as it always is every single time that I stay there! The decor of the room itself was beautiful, along with the views surrounding it. The bed was extremely comforting and I truly enjoyed the jetted whirl pool tub. I look forward to visiting again!

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank mackenziecox

Thank you for being our guest over New Year’s Eve. We’re happy that you had an amazing experience and feel it always is every time you stay here. We’re also glad you enjoyed your guest room and views. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 11 January 2018

Mirror Lake Inn is our go to place for a respite. Sometimes we go twice a year!!! We can't think of one thing we would change in all these years. Checkers by the fire, enjoying the view from our room, spectacular dinners in The View, service beyond reproach. We always come away saying how much we enjoyed our stay and how happy we are that the Inn is as it has been -- welcoming, comforting, gracious but not pretentious! I had a Reiki treatment this time. It was very, very nice.

Room tip: I think they are all quiet. Views from the Terrace building are terrific.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank amoore14850

Thank you for being such a loyal guest. We appreciate your kind comments about your pleasant experiences over 30 years and that we are your go to place for respite. We are glad that you tried the Reiki treatment at The Spa and enjoyed it. We look forward to your return.