All reviews starbucks coffee front desk in town short drive nice lobby breakfast buffet would stay here again the main strip outdoor fire pit spacious room nice place to stay pool and hot tub hockey tournament common areas whiteface mountain king bed olympic center
Reviewed 23 February 2016 via mobile

I do not recommend this hotel – they have some dodgy billing practices I have officially complained to Marriott about this. We stayed for a week. They put a hold on my credit card upon check in (for incidentals, just like any hotel). On day 4 of our stay I happened to check online my credit card transaction history and was surprised to see the hotel had actually charged my card on day 3 of our stay without notifying me – the explanation of the employee at the reception was that once the bill of a guest exceeds 500 dollars, the hotel charges the credit card on file – a practice which is completely unacceptable! Not only they did not notify me they will do this when I checked in, they failed to notify me on the day they charged the card nor I had received a bill (electronically or a paper copy under the door), nor they gave me the option to select which credit card I want to use to pay for the stay.

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Solonesh
Reviewed 15 February 2016

terrific stay in quaint lake placid! modern, clean, pretty lodge style, very accommodating for special requests and questions about the area. if you have a car, very convenient of few minute drive to main street and those attractions, and just 15-20 minutes to the local mountain activities. pool bit chilly but nice, warm and pretty double Jacuzzis, nice small patio area for warm weather time.

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank tropicana_9
Courtyard_Manager01, Front Office Supervisor at Courtyard by Marriott Lake Placid, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2016

tropicana_9.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your most recent Courtyard by Marriott experience with Tripadvisor. Team Marriott is happy to see you were able to receive the exemplary service we always strive to provide . In our daily morning standup it is wonderful to be able to share outstanding reviews with the team so that they can be proud of the wonderful job they do everyday. I am glad that you enjoyed the location and amenities of our hotel and found that it was a perfect fit for relaxing. Until we meet again happy and healthy travels to you .

and Team Marriott

Reviewed 14 February 2016

This hotel and bar area is hands down the best place to stay in Lake Placid. We love going to the bar area and restaurant and having a cocktail at sunset and watch Whiteface Mtn lite up when its clear enough.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

captmark12,

Team Marriot thanks you for the kind remarks about the service location and amenities you were able to partake in on your most recent stay . The Taste Bistro is an ever evolving dining experience that is a wonderful addition to the Courtyard by Marriott experience. By all means if we could be of assistance in any way on your next travels to the Adirondacks please feel free to reach out to the team. We look forward to hosting you. Until we meet again happy and healthy travels to you .

and Team Marriott

Reviewed 4 February 2016 via mobile

Nice hotel with pool/jacuzzi but no sauna ,clean and friendly!
Liz -front desk receptionist was extremely
helpful when I requested a new duvet for my comforter.
We booked for two nights spa suite,and was totally worth it the whirlpool in the room

Reviewed 17 January 2016 via mobile

Wow. What a wonderful hotel! Clean, lodgy atmosphere, and above all, the staff was extraordinary!! The customer service was bar none. We're from NYC, so we didn't know the area. The front desk gave us wonderful recommendations for restaurants and even helped me with nail polish remover! Would 100% come back here again and again and again. They made my trip to Lake Placid wonderful.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business

Jodijuice,

What a treat it was to be able to serve yourself and your boyfriend on your recent business trip to Lake Placid. It was indeed the absolute pleasure of the whole team here to be able to provide the perfect mix of business and relaxation for you and your colleagues. Linda our Executive Housekeeper sends her best and was pleased that her suggestion to assist with your nail polish was a success. Jodijuice when ever your travels bring you back to the Adirondacks please feel free to call the hotel directly and the team would be honored to assist in making arrangements for your next stay. Until we meet again happy and healthy travels to you .

and Team Marriott LP