All reviewsmemory foamhistoric hotelrooms are quiethot tuban older hotelgreat ratewould stay here againup to datemain streetjillmoritzlakemattressesclosetrateskeyssauna
Reviewed 12 July 2017

Friends booked this place due to the fact everything else was so booked up the weekend we decided to go. Although there is nothing fancy about this place we enjoyed the vintage feel for a night. The place was clean and beds were comfortable. Staff was helpful. We really enjoyed eating on the large porch at the Redneck Bistro on location. Food and service was excellent. No frills for sure, but setting was fun.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KayKeagy
Jill S, Owner at The Pines Inn of Lake Placid, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Thanks!! Our family was very happy to have you visit us and that is just the feel we are going for!! Come back to see us for sure!

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Stayed at this hotel for one night. The front desk assistant that was on during my check-in was very friendly! My room was ready and I had pre-paid online through Hotwire. Didn't require a credit card or anything further. Easiest check-in EVER!!! This is a very old hotel, builtin 1907 and everything is original! Our room key was an actual key!! This hotel is not modern or up to date but it is quaint. Loved looking at the old, original features. The room was small but comfortable. There is a nice BBQ restaurant that is attached. I'm disappointed that we didn't have time to visit. Several locals told us it was one of the best places to eat!! Unfortunately, they don't serve breakfast and we had to leave before lunch was served. There is no breakfast option at this hotel but hey do have coffee available in the lobby in the mornings! I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2017

We visited over the 4th of July weekend and found this Inn via Trip Advisor. The other reviews were spot on. Jill, the owner is charming and very willing to share suggestions. It is a historic inn with the typical quirks that are pretty common for the age of the building, although they have WiFi we weren't able to connect from our room. We were on 4th floor and they helped with our suitcases going up. The room was quiet with a lovely view of pine trees and mountains in the background. The room was clean and bed comfortable. My only suggestion is to have hair dryers in the rooms that aren't close to the front desk.

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 1 May 2017

very pleasant ambiance, well appointed, comfortable.
hot tub awesome! gym a plus, decent looking and popular restaurant on premises.
staff very accommodating. close to the 'strip' and lake.
not wild about memory foam mattresses...

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 January 2017

I took my adult son with me for a ski trip to Whiteface, and I chose the Pines Inn. It is retro (real room keys) with lots of wood and fireplaces, etc. But everything was up to date and clean. The service was great and quite friendly. From the hotel we could walk to downtown Lake Placid and enjoy the sights and restaurants, etc. For the price, this was a great value. The only thing I would change is that they have a little restaurant and bar, but it closes too early. That would be a perfect place to end the day, watching a game, but at 8:30 they are kicking people out.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family