All reviews memory foam historic hotel rooms are quiet hot tub an older hotel great rate would stay here again up to date main street jill moritz lake mattresses closet rates keys sauna
Reviewed 6 January 2017

This is an old hotel that must have been quite something in its day, though now the rooms are very dated but clean. There is no elevator so be prepared to haul your luggage up the narrow stairs. The proprietor was friendly and extremely helpful in guiding us to local attractions and restaurants. They had an attached bar and restaurant, we didn't eat here but had drinks on the patio. Beautiful common area off the lobby with a fireplace, books, and piano. I would stay here again, it was a good budget-friendly option for Lake Placid.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2017

Great family run hotel just up the hill from Main Street. Owners are very friendly & helpful, plenty of good tips for dining outside of the usual touristy fare. Rooms are not large but comfortable. (television is very small but who cares, you're not there to watch tv) No elevator. Room locks are old school - keys not pass cards!! If you're looking for something fancy with lots of amenities, then this isn't the place for you.

Room Tip: Rooms on the rear side of the hotel are the quietest.
Reviewed 2 January 2017

The positive? Close to main street. The rest......Room was filthy. The sheets were stained, the floor was covered in hair, there was a raisin stuck to the comforter, the tub had mold in it, the mirror in the bathroom was dirty, the lock for the room door required two hands and some twisting to open it, the bathroom window did not shut the whole way and could not be locked when you took a shower the water in the tub backed up to your ankles.

My wife asked me not to complain and just enjoy the real reason we were there, the beautiful Adirondacks and time spent together. The longer I spent in the room (the second day) it became clear I could not hold my tongue. After my autistic son left the entrance door open a little too long and a comment was made, it was my queue to speak.
I took some photos of the conditions of the room and showed them to Jill. She expressed concern and asked if we would like housekeeping to clean the room now. ( No, I would have liked it swept, new sheets, no raisin stuck to the comforter, toilet seat cleaned, bathroom window shut properly and lock that worked correctly before we checked in) I told her my daughter was still asleep and she mentioned the housekeeper left at 3 (I think) so if we wanted it cleaned we would need to do it before then. We were also told the maid would have cleaned the room but the Do Not Disturb sign was out. Prior to our arrival? The beds were made so someone was in there.

My wife asked again for me to let it go. So I did. We used a wet towel to clean the floor. I left the raisin on the comforter….

I thought, at the minimum, complementary sodas or drinks may be in order but no.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Willaim H
Reviewed 2 January 2017

The location of the Pines Inn is superb - there is a small hill you'll have to walk when going/coming from town, however the proximity to all the shops, restaurants, activities right in town is ideal.

The style is a little more older than modern, but the accommodations were clean and the bed comfortable.

The owners were super friendly - from check in to the daily ins and outs and offers to provide ice for our cooler.

A good find if you're looking for a place to stay that's close to everything, and not looking to spend a lot of time in the room. Restaurant on site smelled amazing (BBQ) - although we never had a chance to check it out.

Reviewed 12 December 2016

We stayed at The Pines this weekend. For the price, it was a decent place. However, if you are looking for a lot of amenities or brand-new furnishings, look elsewhere. We liked it there, but there is peeling paint and it has a bit of an older feel. This is not to turn away customers, just to inform. It was not unclean or in serious disrepair, it's just dated and has an old hotel feel..