All reviewsmemory foamhistoric hotelrooms are quiethot tuban older hotelgreat ratewould stay here againup to datemain streetjillmoritzlakemattressesclosetrateskeyssauna
Reviewed 2 January 2017

The location of the Pines Inn is superb - there is a small hill you'll have to walk when going/coming from town, however the proximity to all the shops, restaurants, activities right in town is ideal.

The style is a little more older than modern, but the accommodations were clean and the bed comfortable.

The owners were super friendly - from check in to the daily ins and outs and offers to provide ice for our cooler.

A good find if you're looking for a place to stay that's close to everything, and not looking to spend a lot of time in the room. Restaurant on site smelled amazing (BBQ) - although we never had a chance to check it out.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2016

We stayed at The Pines this weekend. For the price, it was a decent place. However, if you are looking for a lot of amenities or brand-new furnishings, look elsewhere. We liked it there, but there is peeling paint and it has a bit of an older feel. This is not to turn away customers, just to inform. It was not unclean or in serious disrepair, it's just dated and has an old hotel feel..

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

My husband booked this hotel for a fall weekend getaway, and I when I read the reviews I was slightly nervous - not because I care about the petty things people wrote about, but because I always want to have a real experience when I go somewhere. I very rarely write reviews, but thought I owed it to the travelers like us who are not as finicky as some (who love to write reviews). This place is the real deal. 5 min walk uphill from the main street, but worlds away. You are close to the action, but you aren't in a hotel - you are in a family's home. You will certainly meet the owners and they will share with you anything you want to know, like old friends. The Inn is warm, and has the all the character you would want. Common spaces with people from all over talking. An experience. If you want to lock yourself in your hotel room, this place isn't for you. Sure, our bed wasn't great. Some peeling paint in the bathroom...but if you've ever lived or walked into an old house, these things shouldn't surprise you. Trust me, you'll live. You should also not be surprised considering they price rooms very reasonable for the location. Our room was clean, but we spent more time outside exploring and in the lobby anyway. We always do. If you have the right attitude, you will even enjoy it. I would love to see the place at Christmas. Something to put on our bucket list.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hadley B
lakeplacidjill, Owner at The Pines Inn of Lake Placid, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2016

Thank you so much - so happy you enjoyed staying here with us and love how you seem to love Lake Placid! Our door is always open ... Jill

Reviewed 9 October 2016

Not all rooms or beds here are the same. Where were the posturedic, comfortable beds others wrote of?? Ours were old, uncomfortable, and saggy. The pillows were no better. We had a small tight room with two double beds. There is no elevator for guests' use. Bathroom was tight with not enough towel racks for our towels and no place to set out toiletries or toothbrushes. Our suitcases had to go on the floor since there was no desk, table, or rack for them to set on. The water temperature in the shower was very difficult to regulate. The water was very hard. There were no blackout curtains or shades and no air conditioner in our room. The room did not have a refrigerator, microwave, hair dryer, or ice bucket, and the remote to the tv didn't work. The tv was small and outdated. As we left, we were told we could have borrowed the hair dryer, the ice bucket, hand lotion, etc. (There are no ice machines on any floors.)
I would have liked to have a handout stating this as we checked in. It would be great exercise to march up and down the stairs whenever you needed something that's normally supplied in most motels today. There was no coffee or tea pot in our room. Everything seemed to be located at the lobby desk which is a floor or two below the rooms. The lobby closed after 9pm, so you were on your own. The room was very dated. The bedspreads were old and thin and needed to be replaced. For the money, I felt we were overcharged. If you have trouble with stairs, I'd recommend a different place. This had stairs to get to the lobby, then stairs to whichever floor you were on, difficult for many to drag the suitcases with them. I would not recommend this hotel to others.
On a good note, the hotel is near streets for shopping and has free parking.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bill H
Reviewed 6 October 2016

No elevators. There's a flight of stairs up to get to the lobby and more stairs for the first and second, etc.floors. No ice machines on the floor. No blackout shades or blinds. No refrigerators or microwaves in the room. No hair dryers nor cream rinse in the shower. Outdated bedding. Very Uncomfortable beds and pillows. I've seen other reviews on this hotel that stated they had Posturepedic beds. These are not in every room. I can attest to that. No air conditioning. The television remote didn't work. We had a room with no view except the flat roof of the downstairs. Wallpaper was peeling. Small rooms with a little space to unpack suitcases that had to sit on the floor. Not enough towel racks for all towels. When I complained about the above, Jill became extremely defensive. Talking about how long her day is in the lobby. After she finally agreed to aissue a full refund for the next night, I heard her call me a b.....ch as I walked away. Avoid this disappointment!
It is near the main shopping street.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sarahkerns2016
lakeplacidjill, Owner at The Pines Inn of Lake Placid, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2016

This is Jill - and I just want to say ... I did not "attack" you and I definitely did not call you a name.
Our entire conversation at the front desk was about the fact that you came to the desk after 9pm (which is when we turn in) and you (in your own words ...) "Misread the sign" and thought it said to call 911 ... when in fact is says to dial "193" which is the extension of our phone which rings in our living area on property and this way if a guest needs something afterhours they can contact us - you seemed upset that you thought no one was on property when in fact as I explained we all live on property and we were all there at the time so if you had dialed "193" you could have been helped ... that was the main topic we spoke of and the fact that you were coming down to ask about the TV remote (100% admit we are having difficulties with the Time Warner TV boxes that were recently installed in this area - we are working with Time Warner to try and resolve this issue) ... then as we finished the conversation you mentioned wanting to have Lotion ... which I said I had available right at the desk ... but at that point we had already decided to "part ways" (my words exactly),and that I would issue a refund for that night ...

SO to anyone reading this review ... this review and the other one right near it that is her husbands are "slightly" jaded due to her being so upset thinking that the sign said to "call 911" ... ??
One other quick note to aid others ... ALL Queen Mattresses are Temperpedics - so the reviews that mention the comfy beds were couples that either reserved a room with 1 Queen bed ... this couples reserved a room with 2 double beds and all double beds are standard Sealy posturepedic mattresses. No bait and switch - those are just two different types of rooms. Our TV's are small - You do need to walk up the stairs - I have hair dryers and lots of other things at the front desk ... Best part I have a smile and can point you in the direction of all the fun things to do here in the ADK ... and if this hotel is not for you ... this area has lots of options and I can help you find something that is more to your liking... Just give me a call!