1,310 results
All reviews bowling alley movie theater the indoor outdoor pool kanu restaurant kanu lounge bedroom suite the ice cream parlor full kitchen washer dryer games room turn down service valet service free popcorn heated floors cookies air hockey skating rink
Reviewed 15 January 2018

Whiteface Lodge is great. The one bedroom suite was large, beautiful, had 1 1/2 baths, beamed ceilings, a fireplace, a kitchen area, nice view of the woods, and a private patio. The lodge was still decorated for Christmas and was amazing. The staff was wonderful. The food was delicious. It is close to downtown Lake Placid.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2018

What a complete treat to stay at the Whiteface Lodge in Lake Placid! This inn is gorgeous and you relax upon entering with the tranquil aromas of pine and logs burning in the fireplaces. There are fun family activities and trails to explore, and you will love the gourmet breakfasts and the friendly staff!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank deborah342456
Shawn G, General Manager at The Whiteface Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2018

Thank you for your response. We are thrilled you had such a great experience. You paint a great picture nting the smell of pine in ther lodge combined with the logs burning. The pine smell is completely natural, I'm glad your olfactory senses are so sharp! Please do come visit us again in the future, we look forward to it!

Reviewed 12 January 2018

I reserved a room at Whiteface Lodge on 12/5/17 through their website, or so I thought! It seemed to go through fine, but unbeknownst to me they sent an email to my spam folder that something went wrong with the reservation and I should call them. Fast forward 7 weeks, and I don't see the deposit on my credit card bill and in searching my email find the message in my junk email folder. I am very upset and disappointed. My family has been enjoying regular vacations at Whiteface Lodge for the past few years, and I feel they will do their best to help. Boy was I wrong! (As an aside, I had only booked through the website because for a period of time, the telephone number listed on their site was for another hotel, and I didn't want to get into that confusion of almost booking the wrong hotel again!) I called and explained the situation, and the front desk person was not helpful in trying to find any solution. (I am an avid traveler, and in the few instances where something like this happens, fine hotels often try to work something out, especially for loyal repeat customers even if it means a room change in the middle of the stay or a different type of room for a similar price.) I asked about another set of dates later in the week, and she told me there was only 1 one bedroom left. I needed to check with the rest of my party first, and she would hold the room for only an hr until I got back to her. I got back in less than 5 minutes, but she was unavailable for over 20 minutes. At one point I was told she was available, but the call went to her voicemail. I pleaded with another clerk to just take my reservation information and put it in or give it to her, but they would not. After a long while, I think she may have picked up, and then I was disconnected. The hour came and went, and nobody bothered to call and solidify my reservation. At this point I think it's fate telling me my time at this place that has been deteriorating is done; their restaurant service is terribly slow and on more than one occasion we were left waiting for a table; on one occasion we waiting to be seated for over an hour with a reservation; they simply had forgotten about us and we got no apology! The place is showing it's age in dinginess and upkeep is poor. We are so ready to move on to better digs! (And no more referring friends here again for me!)

Stayed: September 2017
3  Thank Devon A

Thank you for your response. I'm sorry to hear that you had issues reserving a room at our lodge. This is absolutely an anaomaly, making room reservations is an important part of what we do each day. I do hope you give us an opportunity to make it right during a future stay.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

We stay at Whiteface Lodge every year. The staff is friendly, the rooms are large and cosy, the location and setting are beautiful, and the breakfast buffet is delicious. We look forward to every visit.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write. We are so glad that you come visit us each year. Our suites are quite large, but the fireplaces and sitting areas make them cozy indeed. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 7 January 2018

I can't say enough about Whiteface Lodge.The staff is so friendly and helpful. The resort is so clean and well kept...my favorite thing is the perfect balance for children, adults and doing things as a family

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Marie S

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are a great family place, with the mutiple things for kids to do as well as adults. We are so glad that this is your "favorite place". Come back and visit soon!