All reviews coffee and donuts great location microwave and mini fridge an older hotel within walking distance basic room two night stay heating system hotel is situated stores and restaurants sitting room fitness room lake game winter
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Mike at the front desk was wonderful! Sadly, he couldn't save the place from itself. It's dirty, rundown, and (probably) a bit dangerous. At least two people (while we were there) were given rooms that were already occupied!!! This should never happen, but it seems to be common practice here. Also, they have "suites" that really just place people in a room without an exit. Not sure a vacuum has been through the place in decades. Why stay here? I can't think of a reason. I hope Mike finds a place that appreciates his care.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
LPSummit H, Guest Services at Lake Placid Summit Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for your feedback, and we're happy to hear that Mike made your experience more enjoyable. Though we're sorry to hear about the various issues you experienced with our hotel, and are working hard to make improvements in those areas. In particular, we will pay better attention to room assignments and communication to avoid sending guests to occupied rooms. That should never happen! We also will work hard to put more emphasis and attention to detail in our hallways and common areas, especially vacuuming the carpets. Again, we appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

The hotel is dated, but nice and clean overall. Upon check in (after 4 pm) we were given a room key to a room that had not been cleaned and still had belongings from previous guests inside. We went back tot he desk and were delayed 20-30 minutes while we waited for a clean room. They were forced to "upgrade" us to a double queen room instead of the original reservation. The "complimentary" breakfast was cereal bars and wrapped honey buns. For paying over $300 for the two nights it seemed a little sparse. We checked out without issue until the room charge was taken out of my account days later for $22 more than my receipt because of my room"upgrade" that they had to give me because of their mistake. I called and was told only the gentleman on the night shift would be able to address my issue. He emailed me the following day to tell me my card had been refunded the $22. When I emailed to find out when I would see that refund, i received no response - not once, but twice. I called again this morning (7 days from my initial call) to be finally given information. I still do not have a refund but am told I will see it in my account this week.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the issue we had with your room, and that never should have happened. Though the room we moved you to was a more expensive room, we can understand that not having the lake view felt like more of a downgrade, and you should not have been charged more for that room. Unfortunately when we offer a credit back to your account, the time it takes is dependent on your bank, so that is completely out of our hands. Again, we are sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 2 September 2018

honestly I enjoyed everything about the place. The room was nice and spacious, the bed comfortable. enjoyed the danish and coffee in the morning. Staff at the front desk was friendly and helpful. location superb. would definitely stay again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo

Thank you for your feedback, we're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed 24 August 2018

I was traveling with 3 teens and loved that the room was large and clean. It had a fridge,microwave and coffee maker. The bathroom was large with hooks for bathing suits. There was a make up counter with a large mirror and blow dryer. Nice for dressing up.
I knew there was a pool but didn't know there was a game room with a pool table, large air hockey and arcade game. It had a large sitting area outside the game room to relax and unwind. I can't wait to sit by the fireplace this winter.
It was my first and instantly became my favorite. It was set up well and in the heart of Lake Placid. I will be visiting it many times and will be my first choice on each trip.
The breakfast bar had prepackaged danish. The kids enjoyed them and coffee and tea. It was quite and clean and they seemed very well maintained and supervised. We were very impressed!

Stayed: July 2018
LPSummit H, Guest Services at Lake Placid Summit Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Thank you for your feedback, and we are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience with us and that your 3 teens enjoyed the game room and pool. We're also glad to hear you enjoyed our morning coffee and danishes, and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

This was my second stay at this hotel, and while it was marginally better than the last time, it is still NOT a desirable place to visit. The entire place feels old and “tired,” with shabby furniture and an overall dirty appearance. At least this time it only took me 2-3 attempts per entry with my key card. (The last time took me 25-30 attempts to enter my room each night.) The front desk staff service is simply atrocious…no other way of saying it. When I tried to check out, the first two times there was no one there except a sign that said “we’ll be back momentarily.” Nope. Each time I waited 10-15 minutes, without anyone appearing, before giving up. Finally, on the third attempt, I really needed to leave and no one was there. I screamed at the top of my lungs, “Hello!!!,” for a few minutes before someone came in from the parking lot. They explained that they were short-staffed, but that simply is not my problem. Finally, as I was leaving, I asked if I could leave my car in their parking lot for one more hour. The attendant told me that I could as long as I left a good report on TripAdvisor about them. I told them that I would rather move my car, which I did. I DO NOT RECO0MMEND THIS HOTEL unless there is nothing else in town available.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo

We're sorry to hear that your experience with us was not enjoyable. We're working to improve and update our hotel. You should not have had to wait 10-15 minutes to receive service at the front desk, and we are working hard to increase our staff at the hotel, so that we can improve our level of service to our guests.