“Perfect place to stay....” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Haus
Ranked #2 of 14 Lake Placid B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Perfect place to stay....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

My fiancee (now wife) and I stayed in Suite 1 for the Lake Placid Marathon for 3 nights last June and were very impressed. Everything was just as shown in the pictures. Anthony was super helpful when we checked in. We enjoyed having the full kitchen and comfortable bed. Location is perfect as you are with in walking distance to everything along Main St. The price also can't be beat for what you get when you compare it to other hotels along Main St where you just get a standard hotel room. With it being on Main St, it was super convenient for my wife to see me run by at the start and then relax till she had to walk down to the finish line to meet me. We've already booked our next trip up for the Marathon here in Suite 5 which I'm sure will be just as great as Suite 1. The Haus is one of the jewels of Lake Placid and we look forward to staying here anytime we come to Lake Placid. See you in June Anthony

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jason S
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Brick, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

We stayed at The Haus for my husband's 40th Birthday and what a pleasure it was! The room was clean,comfortable and just decorated so modern and chic.The location is one you can't beat!!! Everything you need is right outside your door! Anthony and Andrea were so kind and helpful:)
This just may be our new mini vacation spot! Can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Room 4 has a beautiful Lake view. If you are going as a family room 8 and 6 are BEAUTIFUL!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank gqlady
NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2011

We stayed at the Haus for 3 nights and it was a wonderful little place to stay. It is more like an apartment than a hotel room. We really loved the convenient full size kitchen! It was so nice to make a cup of tea or store baby food. The location is right in the middle of the strip which makes it nice and easy as well. The decor is very modern and minimilist - furniture is pretty much IKEA but well thought out. The floors are a bit slippery and we fell down a few times but got used to it after a while.
We stayed during Hurricane Irene and the power went out for about 2 hours and nothing worked because everything in the room is electric but luckily it wasn't out for too long. Antony was great- helped us check in and with our bags. Other than check-in you really don't see the proprieter's at all. It was a nice- home away from home.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Long Island City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2011

I came by train / bus and I was very happy I selected The Haus. I was drawn by their eco friendly feel, birch / white clean decor and large rooms. My expectations were met on all points and more. The room was very large, with just the right touches of decoration.

I appreciated the Aveda products, the comfortable bed, the overall space, the welcome.
Next time I will book the room with a fireplace to top it off!
As expected there is no common areas but you are right on main street, so you have more than enough options to pick form - I waited for my bus at High Peaks with the fireplace.

I wanted a relaxing experience in style and fashion, and it's what I got; The Haus delivers what they promise on the website and that's unique.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Sarjevane
Hunter, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2011

Staying at The Haus was a dream come true! Our room (Suite 1) was beautiful; chic yet comfy, with all the amenities to make your stay easy and enjoyable. The room was tastefully decorated and laid out with some delightfully unique touches (loved the birch trees behind the bed!).
There was plenty to do in the Lake Placid area, whether you are looking for outdoor adventure or shopping and cafes, and the management provided a binder full of activity ideas and recommendations.
Anthony was very welcoming and personable, both before hand and during our stay. I only met Andrea very briefly but she seemed great too.
It was a pleasure to stay here- The Haus was everything I was looking for in a Lake Placid weekend getaway. I only wish I could have stayed longer, and hope I'll be able to return someday!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple