“A view to die for”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake Placid
Art Devlin's Olympic Motor Inn
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
Rochester, NY
“A view to die for”
Reviewed 20 April 2012

This was my first stay at Art Devlin's Olympic Motor Inn, but not my last.

My C/A and I wanted to stay in Lake Placid for two days just to be in the region of highest peeks in New York. I was attracted to Art Devlins because of the tripadvisor rating and all the favorable comments that were made.

We were not disappointed. Our room #221 was huge as was the bathroom with largest walk-in shower I've ever seen. A whole family could bathe in that thing.

Our room had a fabulous two-person jaccuzzi that we used both nights. Our room also had an exceptionally private balconey. Our room faced East and afforded us the most spectaculor view of the Mountains. I was intoxicated with the views.

Art Devlins is right on the edge of town and we walked everywhere. We had two delightful dinners in town at Restaurants I cannot remember the names of.

All in all our experience with Art Devlins was great. I'd go back in a heartbeat, in fact we're goingg to go back.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alain L
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Milford
Reviewed 8 April 2012

My sister and I have stayed at Art Devlin's twice in the past 3 years for a girls weekend. Both times we have enjoyed our room, though we didn't spend much time in them other than sleeping. The beds are comfortable and there is free wireless internet access. Location is wonderful; close enough to town to not need your car, but far enough out that you don't have any noise from town at night. You can see the ski jumps from the hotel and the walk to town (a little more than 1/2 a mile) includes some quaint shops and some Olympic sites. On your walk in to town, you pass the Olympic Oval, where they did the speed skating in the 1932 Olympic Games as well as the ice rink where the Miracle on Ice occurred during the 1980 games. The breakfast is only some coffee and muffins (sometimes some donuts), so I recommend planning to eat breakfast somewhere in town.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Deb0003
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Room was clean with a great view, bathroom was good size although if you are taller then 5'3" you probably won't like the shower. Overall our stay was very nice and the price was reasonable.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank aprf0594
Clinton, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I cannot complain, but I did not think this hotel was so wonderfully special that it would come in first or second of all the lovely places we saw in the area. Our "upscale" first floor room was very clean and very large. Usually four of us - mom, dad, two teenage boys, plus luggage and ski equipment - fill a hotel room to overflowing, but we had room to spare here. It was only minutes to drive to Whiteface and the Olympic sites. There are some good places to eat right nearby, and we walked to dinner each night, but to walk to downtown Lake Placid would be a a bit of hike, particularly on a chilly day. It was loud, but since we have two teenagers, we are kind of used to this when we travel. You probably should not consider the morning offering in the lobby as your breakfast - it is more of a pre-breakfast snack. If there had been a circle for "Good" between "Average" and "Very Good" that is where I would have rated this hotel - better than average, but not so great I would return year after year.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank lormacmom
NY
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Love the location, and the price was excellent. Our room was clean, well maintained and the bathroom was recently remodeled.

That being said: The Inn is of vintage motel construction - i.e. not masonry - so those on the first floor hear every footstep, and creaking timber above them.

Plumbing is also poorly insulated, so if your upstairs or next door neighbors take a shower, run the water, or flush the commode, sounds of Niagara Falls reverberate through the room.

Mattresses are not of high quality. Both the wife and I awoke with extremely sore backs.

The "breakfast" is some sorry donuts and muffins with no selection of any type of juice.

Room Tip: DON'T reserve a first floor room!