All reviews delta blue main street limited parking double doors memory foam sitting area mirror lake hotel lot centrally located hotel walls are thin can't beat the location middle of town busy weekend hear everything clean towels the wi fi pull out sofa
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

This hotel is perfectly located in the middle of Main Street, Lake Placid. You can walk everywhere including the lake, restaurants and Cobble Hill mountain. We enjoyed our stay.

Pros: pet friendly, able walk to everything, accommodating staff, outside seating on Main Street to people and dog watch and good coffee.
Cons: small rooms, small elevators and limited parking.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Nicole M, Manager at Hotel North Woods, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Dear Jacqueline,

Thank you so much for your review. We are pleased you had such a great weekend get-a-way and stay at The Hotel North Woods. Remember the best way of booking is to call the hotel directly as they can match any third party reservation site deal. We look forward to your return.
Cheers!

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Right in the heart of the village. If you like being close to the action, this is the place! Just a short walk from all the great dining and shopping in the village of Lake Placid. I loved just hopping out of bead and walking to a great coffee shop with a paper that overlooks the lake.

The pros: Close to everything. The rooms were neat and tidy just like most of hotels I have stayed in lately. Shower was nice and hot, rooms were made up nicely, clean towels and bathrooms. Beds were super comfy. (Memory foam mattress) We had a balcony that overlooked the parking lot, (They call this forest view, which is really a couple of pine trees and a big green dumpster)

The cons: OK if you like being really close, this place is for you. Parking is an enormous hassle. If you drive a big SUV, you are going to be in trouble. Parking spaces behind the hotel are just big enough for a small car or SUV. But the good news is that there is parking just a few yards away in the municipal parking lot. You can park there from 8:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. for free.

My wife did not like the size of the elevators, granted they were the size of a large phone booth, but I did not mind, they were fairly new and worked well. WiFi was a bit spotty but they eventually fixed them after a few call to the front desk.

This hotel was originally built around 1900 or so and there are a few places you notice that, like the stairwells and some of the doorways, other than that you would think this is a modern, just built hotel.

Had a great time, would stay again. A great value for the price.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

We just stayed at the North Woods hotel. I’m not sure where all of the negative reviews are coming from because it was clean, well decorated and very conveniently located within the city. We stayed in a Lakeview Suite and it was very nice, a bit small for a suite but still very nice and had a couch and a separate bed area so I could shut the doors in between while my husband slept. The bed was incredibly comfortable! The shower was great, good pressure, never lost hot water. We had coffee in the morning from the keurig, all great amenities. The hotel is scented with what I think is White tea tree which is beautiful, I have smelled that scent in higher end resorts also. The staff was friendly and helpful.

The restaurant and bar are good and had bands playing which was great!

The few downfalls are:
1) The parking isn’t great. Don’t count on parking in the hotel lot because it’s impossible to get a spot and keep it. However, the municipal parking lot is very close with only one building in between and it is only $5 a day to park there. I have stayed in many hotels where it is $20-$30 a day to park and the parking is even further away, especially in resorts. So this isn’t a huge deal, just something to be aware of. You will also have to park in that lot if you have a big vehicle because the hotel lot is crowded to get through.

2) There is no hotel rooftop deck. Their website says they have a seasonal rooftop deck which is part of why we picked this hotel, we figured since we didn’t have a balcony we would enjoy the rooftop deck. We walked up to it but it is closed indefinitely and in need of a lot of work before it is useable. It could be great someday but not today. This left us disappointed because we felt like we had no where on the hotel premises to just get outside and enjoy the views LP.

3) We were in a connecting room and we could each hear everything through the doors. At one point our neighbors knocked on the door to ask us to quiet down when I was just on a business call, not ideal but also not the first hotel I have experienced this in. Next time I will ask for a room that doesn’t connect with another.

Overall, we would stay here again. It is a great hotel, priced fairly and we had a good experience! We have stayed in most of the hotels in Lake Placid and while there are some with more amenities (pool, balcony, hot tub, etc...) you pay more for those and still end up in the same area.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Nicole M, Manager at Hotel North Woods, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Dear tburdick29,

This is one of the most well written reviews I have responded too. You are clearly well traveled and spoken.
I would like to thank you for your friendly and true review of what we all like to think of as home. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize for any difficulties you may have experienced. The parking is limited, and the Adirondack Winter was not kind to our roof top and is need of many updates, so I'm sorry that was not available at this time and will update the website. You will be happy to know there are plans to further renovate and update all of the guest rooms to make them much more sound proof.
We will look forward to having you back soon.
Cheers!

Reviewed 14 August 2018

Stayed here foraweekend recently. This is an older hotel in the center of town. Close to restaurants and attractions. They have a small parking lot which filled up quickly. If you didn’t get a space, there is a municipal lot close by. Room had 2 queen beds, microwave and small fridge.
They didn’t clean our room after the first day although the chambermaids were in the hall chatting for most of the morning. When they did arrive around 2:30 pm, we needed to be in the room to get ready for a wedding. They did give us towels and coffee for the morning.
The best thing is the location.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Our stay was fine overall. This is an old building and while it retains some of its charm, don’t set your expectations too high. Good beds and clean overall. The balcony was dodgy and the toilet plugged twice on us and the sink drain had a small leak. The room needs some TLC, but the price we payed was very reasonable and the location was ideal.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Nicole M, Manager at Hotel North Woods, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2018

Marty,
Thank you for review. We happy that you enjoyed your overall visit. I am happy to announce there is plans in our near future for additional upgrades with the rooms. We wish you safe travels and hope to see you on your next stay.
Cheers.