See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Stayed here with my fiancé for memorial weekend. This was pretty much one of the last places to stay because we booked a week ago, but we're happy we did. For a good price, we were very pleased.

The owners of the place were so kind. Check-in ends at 10pm, but my fiancé and I didn't arrive until 1030pm. The owners were kind enough to leave us a key and a note on the door saying to just check in the next day. It was such a relief!

The room was very clean! Cannot complain. The shower head pressure is AMAZING. Especially after hiking a couple mountains, we were both so excited.

Free wifi came in handy as my service in this are was very poor. The wifi was not slow at all.

The tv is brand new, not outdated as some reviews had said.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

When we arrived at 3:00, the office was "closed." I called the office at 3:08 and was told by the owner that the office opened at 3:00. I kept trying to tell her it was after 3:00, but she kept insisting that the office opened at 3:00. She finally realized it was after 3:00, apologized and hung up. When I finally got in the office to check in, she was anything but hospitable. I felt like a bother to her. When we got to our room, the heat WASN'T on!!! ( I had booked online the day before)The room temp was 55! It took a long time for the room to heat up.
The room was clean, but we could hear the guests in the room across from us. Perhaps she was having a bad day? The whole experience left a bad taste in my mouth and I will not stay there again.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank CyndiLynnS
Reviewed 29 January 2017

It is our tradition to come to Lake Placid to ski a few times in winter. Every time we visit Lake Placid we always stay at this hotel which has become our favorite spot.The owners, Anna and Bogdan are always very nice and pleasant to us. They provide superior customer service, good advice where to go and what to do. Thanks to them we have learned a lot about Lake Placid life and skiing as we found out they are excellent skiers. The rooms are always spick and span, with free wi-fi which is a necessity nowadays.There is breaksfast in the morning. To sum up, it is a great value for this price!!!

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2017

This is the old style budget motel, clean and comfortable, but thin walls (you will hear the TV next door and the cars passing on the highway), and devoid of amenities. The old-fashioned TV is unwatchable. They promote their "free wi-fi" heavily, including a large sign outside, but when we arrived after the office was closed there was no slip of paper with the password, nor indication in the information book. This was a problem, because there is almost no cell service--not enough for a hotspot. In the morning, I called down for the password and was told we had to register first--this was after prepaying and spending a night. I called back and said I would do it on the way out, but they refused, so I had to get dressed and go down where I received a diatribe from the owner on how they were better than all other motels nearby and I shouldn't have stayed there if I were displeased, which was a total non sequitur since I couldn't have known and did need the wi-fi. Comically, the wi-fi was so slow, I couldn't use it to access the sites I needed for my work, let alone stream anything.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2016

I reserved on Travelocity.com on 12/28, at 1 pm. I received the confirmation via email. One hour later I got a call from Anna. She informed me that the Queen bed room I reserved was not available and offered me 2 Double beds. I replied: "give me a minute to think about it". She immediately said: " I am going to cancel your reservation. You are a difficult customer and I will cancel it now".
Now, decide for yourself if you want to book this establishment. :)

Date of stay: December 2016