“Will certainly come back!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pointe Venus Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rodrigues Island
Pointe Venus Hotel
Bordeaux, France
“Will certainly come back!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

Stayed at the hotel in September 2011 for one week ... it was just great! Well it was a business trip.

The hotel staff and administration were ok, some more friendly than others, and hotel ammenities were ok, not new but clean.

The restaurant was initially terrible ... poorly planned buffet, however after complaining and seriously considering to move hotel, they assigned an f&b manager back to the hotel (he was normally assigned to Les Cocotiers to oversee the opening of that hotel after its renovation) and well the entire service and menu was TRANSFORMED: what was seemingly a fixed buffet with exactly same bland items everyday n waiters who seemed happier to chat than serve anything, All this changed. Quite nice selection of food n fruits plus the team was energetic n helpful.

Nice view from the rooms however the sea although visible was not accessible readily ... it was a 15 minutes walk down hill to anse aux Anglais. Some minor bug problems OUTSIDE the rooms, however the rooms themselves were quite fine.

Hats off to the tandem at the restaurant ( Vikash n Vikesh) for keeping the service n food excellent. I sure hope they are still posted there when I go back.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank RayS24
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Riviere du Rempart
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

For me its my best holiday I had passed as I had chose pt.venus hotel.I dnt understand why the other review is like this as for me there lots to say, starting with the warm welcome, the staff were so freindly to share their points of view to us to roam somewhere.The food was all of our choice and we havent missed one day to be in swimming pool it was very huge.The view from our room was so nice that we just wanted to admire it..the drinks was a little expensive.The most I liked is the animation as it was not so noisy.I thnx Viren a lot as he had been great help.I had gone to seaside to roam so many time from its nearest to it.And the most the capital was so near that we gone ther for about ten time to do shopings.In all I must say I had made a great choice to be there..we miss pt.venus.We were far from our family but truely havent missed them because of the attension of the staff..kip it up specially chotie and Mr viren..

Room Tip: me I wouid choose the room which found on the upside when you entered the hotels, 226 and it was my...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank arshad709
Mauritius
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

It was our 3rd visit in Rodrigues and 1st time in Pt venus hotel, as we had stayed in different hotels in the past, I can say it was a excellent.The view from the balcony is just too good with the sea view.The AC room was very comfortable, along with its curtain which was black-out..!There very much tranquility and it good to relaxed..The breakfast and the dinner were all of our choice and tastes good.,!The staff is very freindly and helpful as they advised us about the fair etc...The pool is very huge and very nice to swim.It is very near to the capital so it was easy for us to do shopping, and we had enjoyed the so much the privacy, warm welcome, service of the staff,pools and yah dnt forget the animations that we had enjoyed so much..,will definetly come

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank arshzeena h
Manila
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

The hotel is on top of a hill. A little far from the town proper but the rooms and facilities are nice. Staff are friendly & warm, and room rates are reasonable. They have English speaking staff who can help you around.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Joey S
Quatre Bornes Mauritius
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

Stay from 18.12 to 23.12

Nicely welcomed by a dedicated team... The view from the balcony is just too Good! The air conditioned room very comfortable and really invites you to rest and chill out! The environmental tranquility turn you on immediately in a relax mode... The breakfast service is excellent... Dinner buffet can be improved by increasing the variety... I recommend a "Th la cour" a inhouse special tea and ask Veekesh!As i said to the team @ Pointe Venus on my Departure... The place in itself is a spa!
Thanks to Suren & all the team for their warm welcome!

Room Tip: Ask for the room 210! Sometimes the Mauritius pride @ night is illuminated right in front of you! A...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
7.4 km away
Auberge St Francois
Auberge St Francois
#4 of 39 in Rodrigues Island

Been to Pointe Venus Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK